DID YOU KNOW...
Vanilla is the extract of fermented and dried pods of several species of orchids.
1. can you name the two active baseball teams that were the "Washington Senators" before moving to their present locations ?
world series? (there were six, but the white sox are in this year)
2. what was the name of little orphan Annie's pooch?
3. name Santa's eight "tiny reindeer". (hint; Rudolph isn't one of them)
4. do you recall the two terminal points of the Santa Fe trail?
5. name the famous sports team that was founded by Abe Saperstein in new
in 1927, and still plays exhibitions "all over the world".
6. on the radio show, "amos and andy", what was the name of the wife of
character George "kingfish" Stevens?
7. The World's first Nuclear-powered vessel was a Submarine; what sort of ship was the World's first Nuclear-Powered Surface Vessel ?
8. Name that product....
Packaged in it's famous royal blue jar, this distinctive-smelling cold cream is smeared all over women's faces and worn as a rejuvenating mask for a short while...
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
ancient Egyptians made dice from bone.
1. Minnesota Twins and Texas Rangers
3. DASHER, DANCER, PRANCER, VIXEN, COMET, CUPID, donner, BLITZEN
4. SANTA FE AND KANSAS CITY
5. Harlem globetrotters
7. An Ice-Breaker
pharaohs and peasants alike played dice games. dice were also made from
ivory and stone, and both men and women participated.
Egyptians believed that spirits of the dead played dice games in the
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi