DID YOU KNOW...
During World War One, the punishment for homosexuality in the French Armed Services was execution; if the offender was an officer, he was allowed a final charge against the enemy, with the understanding that he would get himself shot...
1. do you recall the formal first name of 1930's gangster "ma" barker?
(Hint; She Shares her name with a State ...)
2.okay, how about the formal first name of "mad dog" cole?
3. name the lawman credited with shooting down Billy the kid.
4. in the Disney story, do you recall the name of the old woodcutter who
5. can you name the traditional three gifts of the magi to the Christ child?
6. which famous comedian created such characters as, among others, the
bachelor, charley the loudmouth, Joe the bartender, and the
7. what year can we expect Halley's comet to pay us another visit?
8. what sort of musicians are mentioned in the "old king cole" nursery
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The Battle of Bunker Hill was not fought on Bunker Hill at all.
1. Arizona (Arrie for short)
3. PAT GARRETT
5. GOLD, FRANKINCENSE AND MYRRH
6. JACKIE GLEASON
On the evening of June 16, 1775, Colonel William Prescott, leading 1,200 Massachusetts and Connecticut soldiers, left Cambridge to fortify Bunker's Hill, the dominant hill in Charlestown.
Prescott, however, bypassed this position and instead dug in on a lower hill closer to Boston called Breed's Hill.
The next morning, the British awoke to find Breed's Hill fortified with an earthen redoubt measuring 160 feet by 30 feet.
British General Gage ordered the position captured, and by 5:30 PM that day, it was, but at a terrible price....
Size of the armies: 2,400 British troops against 1,500 Americans.
The British suffered some 1,150 killed and wounded or nearly half of the force engaged. The American casualties were estimated at 450 killed and wounded.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi