DID YOU KNOW...
AN ESTIMATED 16 MILLION TONS OF RAIN FALLS TO EARTH EVERY
1. What are the two bones that meet at the knee joint ?
2. What's the name for shrimp cooked with garlic, butter and lemon ?
3. What product was once referred to as the "Black Gold of the Amazon" ?
4. What monarch was known as "The Virgin Queen" ?
5. What percentage of the world's population considers themselves as Christians ?
6. What was the name of the first nuclear-powered submarine?
(Bonus; what year was it launched?)
7. The U.S. Open in tennis is played in a stadium named after what tennis legend ?
8. What Asian country has it's capital at Dhaka ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The Smithsonian Institution was started by a bequest from a man who had never been
to the United states.
1. tibia and FEMUR
4. ELIZABETH I
5. 33 percent
6. U.S.S. NAUTILUS (1955)
7. ARTHUR ASHE
James Smithson, a British mineralogist, wrote in his will that his estate should go to
"the United States of America, to found at Washington, under the name of the
Smithsonian Institution, an establishment for the increase and diffusion of knowledge
In 1838, the U.S. received his gift-more than 100,000 gold Sovereigns, which was in
excess of $500,000 in U.S. current. Smithson, who was the illegitimate son of the
Duke of Northumberland, was thought to have been less than happy with his British
"Still, a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest"...
- Simon & Garfunkle