Trivia 12/ 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 12/ 7
DID YOU KNOW...
The first film ever made in Hollywood was D.W. Griffith's 1910 In Old California, a Biograph melodrama about a Spanish maiden (Marion Leonard) who has an illegitimate son with a man who later becomes governor of California.
It was shot in two days.

1. Which popular cookie was named for the Massachusetts city where it was
developed?
2. Speaking of food items, which salad dressing is the namesake of a 1920's
play, later a movie?
3. What is it that "Tiggers do best"?
4. Which body of water surrounds the Isle of Wight?
5. What's the last name of "Peter Pan" character Wendy?
6. On the "Star Trek" series, what was the nick-name Capt. Kirk used for
Doctor McCoy?
7. Where is the Toledo referred to in the exclamation, " Holy Toledo"?
8. Which famous structure is named for Pope Sixtus IV?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Oliver North Warned of the Terrorism of Osama Bin Laden during the Iran-Contra Hearings in 1987.
1. FIG NEWTON
2. Green Goddess
3. BOUNCE !!
4. THE ENGLISH CHANNEL
5. DARLING
6. "BONES"
7. IN SPAIN
8. THE SISTINE CHAPEL
CRAP !!
According to the Congressional Record, there was no mention of Osama Bin Laden during the Iran-Contra hearings by Oliver North or anyone else. In fact, there was no mention of Osama Bin Laden in the Congressional Record at all in 1987, the year of the hearings.
One of the charges against North at that time, however, was his accepting a security system for his home as a gift. He said he needed it because of threats against himself and his family by Palestinian terrorist Abu Nidal.

Conversely, a decade after this "statement" was supposedly made by North, Osama was an ally of the US, in his fight against the Soviets in Afghanistan.

1. FIG NEWTON
2. Green Goddess
3. BOUNCE !!
4. THE ENGLISH CHANNEL
5. DARLING
6. "BONES"
7. IN SPAIN

8. THE SISTINE CHAPEL
CRAP !!

I was dancing all around #8 but it just wouldn't come to me.

:)Barbara

1. FIG NEWTON
2. Green Goddess
3. BOUNCE !!
4. THE ENGLISH CHANNEL
5. DARLING
6. "BONES"
7. IN SPAIN
8. THE SISTINE CHAPEL
CRAP !!

Yikes!

Looks like my answers usually do. That's why I don't post them.
I thought she did pretty well. :cool: In case you didn't know this, Princess Fiona and I use red for the ones we got correct, not for the ones we got wrong.

Keep giving it a try! I do horribly most of the time, but I love trivia.

:ohmy: Oh.:ROFLMAO:

I do them every day, I really suck, so I don't post my answers. These are HARD. I do better at Jeopardy.

Some days I know as soon as I see the questions that I don't even need to bother! He covers a pretty good variety of topics though, so sometimes I do pretty well. I'm rarely as good as Alix or Princess Fiona!

Some days I know as soon as I see the questions that I don't even need to bother! He covers a pretty good variety of topics though, so sometimes I do pretty well. I'm rarely as good as Alix or Princess Fiona!

Now I'm blushing! You do great at dates, Barbara, I am miserable at them. I have so much trivia in my head, I'm surprised I remember my own name!:LOL:

And Sally, I'm a garbage brain, I knows lots but am Master of none.:ermm:

Now I'm blushing! You do great at dates, Barbara, I am miserable at them. I have so much trivia in my head, I'm surprised I remember my own name!:LOL:

And Sally, I'm a garbage brain, I knows lots but am Master of none.:ermm:
I'm not very good at dates! I'm not too bad at Geography and History, but only in certain times/places. I definitely have a ton of useless stuff in my head, and like you said, I am a master of none. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom