Trivia 2/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 2/18
DID YOU KNOW...
If one were to capture and bottle a comet's 10,000-mile vapor trail, the amount of vapor actually present in the bottle would take up less than 2 cubic inches of space.

1. Who wrote Pygmalion ?
2. Who Said That ??
"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games."
3. What do the letters in "C-Span stand for ?
4. What popular TV sitcom title character frequents a coffee shop named the Cafe Nervosa ?
5. What 26 year-old rock album is the best-selling album of all time ?
6. Kenny Gorelick achieved musical fame with what instrument ?
7. What was the title of the first (1979) feature-length Star trek film ?
8. Valentine and Proteus are characters in what Shakespeare work ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
There's never been a White House wedding with the President as the groom.
.1. George Bernard Shaw
2. Ernest Hemingway
3. Cable Satellite Public Affairs Network
4. Frazier
5. Michael Jackson's Thriller
6. Saxophone
7. Star trek: The Motion Picture
8. "Two Gentlemen from Verona"
CRAP !!
Grover Cleveland entered the White house as a bachelor, but did not remain one for long. In 1885, the daughter of Cleveland's friend Oscar Folsom visited him in Washington. Frances was a student at Wells College, and when she returned to school Cleveland received her mother's permission to correspond with her. They were soon engaged to be married. On June 2, 1886, Cleveland married Frances in the Blue Room in the White House.
He was the second President to marry while in office, and the only President to have a wedding in the White House.]
At twenty-one years old, Frances was the youngest First Lady in American history.

All I got was Thriller and T or C! The only good thing I can say is that I did know that one and didn't guess. :LOL:

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom