Trivia 2/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 2/23
DID YOU KNOW...
When Humphrey Bogart married Lauren Bacall, he was 45 and she was 20.

1. Who invented the wireless telegraph ?
2. Do you recall the name of the "Yorkshire Ripper" ?
3. What's the zodiac sign of the crab ?
4. What fruit comes in a Stayman and Keepsake varieties ?
5. Which musical is based on The Taming of the Shrew ?
6. What year was it;
Muhammad Ali is stripped of his Heavyweight crown- three American astronauts were burned to death in a training accident- Thurgood Marshall became the first Afro-American Supreme Court Justice.
7. Who was I ??
I was a major general at the start of the American Civil War. I organized the famous Army of the Potomac and served briefly (November 1861 to March 1862) as the general-in-chief of that army until Lincoln fired me. I later ran against Lincoln for the republican presidential nomination.
8. Al Pacino's satanic character in The Devil's Advocate was named after what famous author ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
There are only four basic types of fingerprints !
1. Marchese Guglielmo Marconi
2. Peter Sutcliffe
3. Cancer
4. Apple
5. Kiss me Kate
6. 1967
7. George B. McClellan
8. John Milton
TRUTH !!
Although every fingerprint is unique, there are four types. They are known as slaps, flat, rolled, and latent.
If you are interested...........
http://www.biometrics.org/html/bc2002_sept_program/5_bc0145_HicklinBrief.pdf

Last edited:
3/8 today. Better than yesterday anyway! Hey LT, meant to tell you I love your sig line.

What year was it;

Wow, I thought I would get this one, but I was about 25 years off base. And, talking about Thurgood Marshall, I'm sure the Baltimore Airport, at one time, was named after him. Yes????

Edited to add, I got 100%, 0/0.

Loppraine gets extra credit today (yesterday) !

The major airport serving Baltimore and the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC, was renamed the Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport on October 1, 2005.

Back
Top Bottom