DID YOU KNOW...
END TO END, THE NUMBER OF CRAYOLA CRAYONS MADE IN A YEAR
WOULD CIRCLE THE GLOBE 4 1/2 TIMES.
1. What Italian building material translates as baked earth?
2. Which eponymous Shakespeare character was Thane of Cawder Glaimes?
3. Rock singer / actress Annie Mae Bullock, originally part of a duo, became famous under which name ?
4. The first successful transmission of a color television signal in the USA
took place in what year ?
b. - 1955
d. none of these
5. Name That Flick;
Elsa Schraeder, Mother Abbess, Max, Sister Sophia?
a. - The Sound of Music
b. - Oliver!
c. - Gypsy
d. - Annie Get Your Gun
6. Angel falls Venezuela is the highest in the world ; to which country must I travel to view the SECOND highest ?
a. USA (Yosemite Falls)
b. Hawaii (Pu'uka'oku Falls)
c. South Africa (Tugela Falls)
d. Canada (James Bruce Falls )
7. Which actress starred in the original King Kong in 1933?
8. Who played Billy the Kid in The Left Handed Gun (1958) ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Napoleon Bonaparte sold the Louisiana Territories to the USA.
3. Tina Turner
4. - a
5. - a
7. Fay Wray
8. Paul Newman
The deal was struck between Napoleon Bonaparte and Thomas Jefferson in 1803
The Louisiana Purchase (French: Vente de la Louisiane "Sale of Louisiana") was the acquisition by the United States of America of 828,000 square miles (2,140,000 km) of France's claim to the territory of Louisiana in 1803.
The U.S. paid 60 million francs ($11,250,000) plus cancellation of debts worth 18 million francs ($3,750,000), for a total sum of 15 million dollars (less than 3 cents per acre) for the Louisiana territory ($219 million in 2011 dollars, less than 42 cents per acre).
The Louisiana Purchase encompassed all or part of 15 current U.S. states and two Canadian provinces. The land purchased contained all of present-day Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska; parts of Minnesota that were west of the Mississippi River; most of North Dakota; nearly all of South Dakota; northeastern New Mexico; northern Texas; the portions of Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado east of the Continental Divide; and Louisiana west of the Mississippi River, including the city of New Orleans. (Parts of this area were still claimed by Spain at the time of the purchase.)
In addition, the purchase contained small portions of land that would eventually become part of the Canadian provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan. The purchase, which doubled the size of the United States, comprises around 23% of current U.S. territory.
Food is like sex: When you abstain, even the worst stuff begins to look
good. Beth McCollister