1. in the story, "a christmas carol", what was tiny tim's last name?
2. fill in the blank;
the "tip" you leave for the waiter/waitress is an acronym for the phrase, "________".
3. which state was home to america's first oil well?
4. the 1950's rock duet, tom & jerry, became famous in the sixties as......who?
5. what was ed sullivan's first TV variety show called?
6. the autobiography, "to **** and back" was about which WWII war hero?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
the tower of pisa is the largest masonry structure in the world.
2. TO INSURE PROMPTNESS
4. SIMON & GARFUNKLE
5. "toast of the town" (??)
6. AUDIE MURPHY
the 555-foot washington monument, built to commemorate the first US president, is the largest masonry structure in the world.
designed by robert mills, its construction began in 1848, but due to the civil war and budget shortfalls, the obelisk was not finished until 1884, nearly 30 years after mills' death. the construction hiatus is evidenced by the different shade of marble used above the 150-foot mark, where the work resumed.
Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper. Adelle Davis