DID YOU KNOW...
It takes about 100 gallons of water to grow a single watermelon.
1. What company issued the first “General Purpose” credit card (accepted at a myriad of retail establishments, rather than just at the store of issue) with a world-wide network ?
a. – Diner’s Club
b. – Chase Manhattan Bank
c. – Bank of America
d. – American Express
2. What is the crime of embracery?
3. The first “feature” film (determined by length) was produced in which country ?
a. – Australia
b. – USA
c. – India
d. – England
4. What was Norman Bates hobby in Psycho?
5. Can you name the only two recipients to refuse their Best Actor Academy Award ?
6. Trick Question Dept;
What sea on earth has no beaches ?
7. Name the author who died before finishing his last novel, The Mystery of Edwinn Drood ?
8. Who did the USA buy the Virgin islands from?
a. – Spain
b. – Netherlands (Dutch)
c. – Denmark
d. – France
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The highest price paid for a pair of Levi’s was $25,000.
1. – c
2. Jury tampering
3. – a
4. Taxidermy ; specifically, stuffing birds
5. Marlon Brando (1972) and George C. Scott (1970)
6. Sargasso sea
7. Charles Dickens
8. – c
In 1997 a 100-year-old pair of Levi Strauss jeans was found in an abandoned Colorado coal mine.
Levi Strauss & co. bought the jeans from the finder for $25,000; they now reside in the Strauss Museum in San Francisco, California.
“Food is like sex: When you abstain, even the worst stuff begins to look
good.” – Beth McCollister