trivia 2/6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 2/6

DID YOU KNOW...
IN ITS LIFETIME, AN ALLIGATOR GOES THROUGH AS MANY AS 3,000 TEETH.
1. What New Jersey shore community is the oldest beach resort in the U.S. ? (hint; It's not A.C.)
2. Which of the fifty averages the heaviest people in the nation?
3. What is the world's largest one-day sporting event?
4. What's the only breed of dog developed in the USA? (Hint; it has it's city of origin in it's name)
5. Can you recall the name of the catholic broadcaster who once had a TV show called, "Life is worth Living"?
5. Name the 1991 gangster Bio-pic in which Warren Beatty played the title role.
6. To which of the fifty must I travel in order to visit the "Dogpatch, USA" theme park?
7. What were the two families involved in Kentucky / West Virginia's most famous feud?
8. Name the comic strip that features Helga, Lucky Eddie, Honi, Snert, and Dr. Zook, among others.
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
William Lear, founder of LEARJET, invented the car radio and the 8-track tape player.
1. cape may
2. wisconsin
3. INDIANAPOLIS 500
4. BISHOP FULTON SHEEN
5. "BUGSY"
6. arkansas
7. HATFIELD's & McCOY's
8. hagar the horrible
TRUTH !!
Born in 1902, young Lear joined the army at 16, where he learned radio electronics. He invented a practical car radio (the "motor victrola, as it was called then) that launched the Motorola Company. He designed navigational equipment for aircraft throughout the thirties and founded Learjet in 1962, which became the leading supplier of corporate within five years. During this period, he invented the 8-track tape player- first for his jets, then later installed in ford cars.

Got the second #5, 7 and 8 today. You're trying to mess with us aren't you LT? No answer to #4 and then two #5's? Mean, thats just mean! I'm thinking the answer to #4 is Chesapeake Bay retriever, yes? That will bring me up to 4 right if I guessed it.

FIRST- i might remind everyone that Jose Cuervo is a VERY good friend of mine...........................:ROFLMAO:

Now; how did this happen??
I make these quizzes up well in advance, and when posting i just take the next one in line, so to speak.
last week i discovered i was about to send out a quiz with only five questions, so i "bounced" it back into the Que for repair.
seems i Over-repaired it.....
now to re-over-repair it
Sorry Alix- it's the Boston Terrier (#4) (but i like your answer better :rolleyes:)

CRAP!!! That was my second guess! I like my answer better too. Can we just PRETEND I was right? LOL!

Back
Top Bottom