DID YOU KNOW...
The human body consists of more than 75 trillion cells - each capable of growth, metabolism, response to stimuli, and (with some exceptions) reproduction.
1. What's the only mammal to have a shell ?
2. What's the fastest-growing plant on earth ?
3. About how many Gallons of Maple Tree sap does it take to make one gallon of Maple Syrup ?
a. - 15
b. - 25
c. - 35
d. - 45
4. Which of the Beatles was the oldest ?
(Bonus; Youngest ?)
5. What was fictional adventurer "Indiana" Jones' more formal first name ?
a. - Harry
b. - Henry
c. - Harvey
6. Fill in the blank;
J. Edgar Hoover was Director of the "Bureau of Investigation", later named the FBI, from ____ until his death in 1972.
7. The 1939 Packard was the first to offer which of these options ?
a. - Air Conditioning
b. - Electronic Turn Signal
c. - Rear Window defroster
d. - Automatic Transmission
8. How old was Stevie Wonder when he was signed by Motown Records, his first recording contract ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The first zippers were installed on shoes.
1. the Armadillo
3. c - 35
4. Ringo (George)
5. b. - Henry
7. a. - Air Conditioning
In 1893, the zipper (first called the "Clasp Locker") was invented by Whitcomb Judson. The invention came about because Judson's friend had a stiff back and could not fasten his own shoes.
Whitcomb came up with a slide fastener that could be opened or closed with one hand.
The original design was not very practical and many innovations were made before the Zipper became a success.
"Still, a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest"...
- Simon & Garfunkle