DID YOU KNOW...
Before 1859 baseball umpires sat in a padded rocking chair behind the catcher.
1. What was the term to describe the popular music of the Scott Joplin / Eubie Blake / Thomas Turpin era (1897 to WWI) ?
2. Elvis Presley recorded "Hound Dog" and became a star; who recorded it first ?
3. Sesame Streets Big Bird has a teddy bear; what's it's name ?
Hint; it's named for a character in a comedy series who also owned a teddy bear...)
4. In the Radio Phonetic Alphabet, (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, etc.) what word represents the letter "V" ?
5. What TV sit-com high school teacher had twin daughters named Rachel and Robin ?
6. What Italian city is known as the "Queen of the Adriatic" ?
7. Yusaf Islam is the Muslim name adopted by what singer / songwriter ?
8. What sensory weakness does the Ishihra test determine ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Benjamin Franklin developed the first bathtub.
2. big mama thorton
5. gabriel Kotter
7. CAT STEVENS
He didn't have anything to do with the development of the bathtub, but he did bring the first bathtub into the USA, in 1790. It was a French "Slipper Bath", shaped like a shoe, with a heating device in the heel and a drain in the toe.
“Bad men need nothing more to accomplish their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
― John Stuart Mill