DID YOU KNOW...
Japan’s 9.0 earthquake in 2011 not only moved the island closer to the United States, it also shifted the planet’s axis by 6.5 inches.
1. During her time as Prime Minister, Mrs. Thatcher was often accused of using which accessory as a 'weapon'?
a - an umbrella
b - a handbag
c - a briefcase
d - a shoe
2. Spelling Bee ;
A "little book" that contains the complete text of an opera, oratorio, and so forth.
a - Libbretto
b - Libretto
c - Libreto
d – Liberetto
3. What European country is the world's main producer of flowering tulip plants annually?
4. All of these women can qualify as being called one of TV's "Charlie's Angels". But one of them was not one of the ORIGINAL Angels. Which is the odd one out?
a. - Jaclyn Smith
b.- Minka Kelly
c. - Kate Jackson
d. - Farrah Fawcett-Majors
5. In Warner Bros. cartoons, what is the name of the loudmouthed barnyard Rooster with a Southern accent?
6. Who Am I ?
My hits include "Memories Are Made of This". My best known movies are "Rio Bravo" and "The Sons of Katie Elder"...
7. Which person served as governor of both Texas and Tennessee and had one of the United States' largest cities named in his honor?
8. What year was the first Great San Francisco Earthquake ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Sean Connery turned down the role of Gandalf in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
1. – b
2. – b
3. The Netherlands
4. – b
5. Foghorn Leghorn
6. Dean Martin
7. Sam Houston
He passed up millions of dollars when he passed up the role. Connery rejected the role, he said later, because he didn’t understand the complicated plot.
The part went to Sir Ian McKellen.
“Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” – Adelle Davis