DID YOU KNOW...
Herbert Hoover (1874-1964), a Republican, was President when the Great Depression began.
He infamously declared in March 1930 that the U.S. had 'passed the worst' and argued that no measures were necessary, as the economy would "sort itself out".
The worst, however, had just begun and would last until the outbreak of WWII (1939).
1. who was George Washington's Secretary of State?
2. what year did Atlantic city's first casino open for business?
3. by what name is the battle of little big horn more popularly known?
4. which popular tv series featured a physician named Galen Adams?
5. can you name the state whose second largest city is Casper?
6. can you name the Indiana town where actor James dean is buried?
7. which British monarch preceded Elizabeth II?
8. name the four corner lots on the monopoly game board.
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
etiquette dictates that it is improper to use the term "congratulations"
when greeting the new bride.
1. THOMAS JEFFERSON
3. CUSTER'S LAST STAND
7. GEORGE VI
8. GO, JAIL, FREE PARKING, GO TO JAIL
while it is perfectly acceptable to say "congratulations" to a groom, it
goes against the rules of etiquette to use the greetings "congratulations"
or "good luck" with a bride. if you need something proper to say, try "best
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi