Trivia 4/5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 4/5

DID YOU KNOW...
On 'Black Tuesday', October 29, 1929, the market lost $14 billion, making the loss for that week an astounding $30 billion. This was ten times more than the annual federal budget and far more than the U.S. had spent in WWI. Thirty billion dollars would be equivalent to $377,587,032,770.41 today.

1. A is the first note on a standard Piano keyboard ; What's the last note ?
2. What line of latitude was decided upon to mark the boundary between North and south at the end of the Korean conflict ?
3. What two states border Mexico's largest state, Chihuahua ?
4. What fictional critter was called Tantor ?
5. What does "Equinox" translate to in English ?
6. What are the two common types of coal ?
7. To what city must I travel to see the famous black stone, al-Hajar-ul-Asward ?
8. What was the first film shot in Cinemascope ?
a.- The Robe
b.- Topper
c. By Love Possessed
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Tony Blair has the distinction of being Britain's longest-serving Prime Minister of the last century.
1. C
2. the thirty-eighth parallel
3. Texas and New Mexico
4. Tarzan's "pet" elephant
5. "Equal Night"
6. Bituminous and Anthracite
7. Mecca
8. "a"
CRAP !!
He ranks ninth on the list of longest serving prime ministers and is the second person in the century to have held the job for 10 years.
Only Margaret Thatcher has outlasted Blair as prime minister in the past century, occupying the head of government's Downing Street residence for 11-1/2 years from 1979 to 1990.

What does it say about my trivial knowledge that I know the line of latitude separating N and S Korea, the name of Tarzan's pet elephant and both common types of coal? Bizarre. Truly bizarre. I also actually DID know what equinox meant but blanked til I read the answer. Forehead slap for that one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom