trivia 4/9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 4/9
DID YOU KNOW...
Thirty percent of all Dalmatians are deaf in one or both ears. Because bulldogs have extremely short muzzles, many spend their lives fighting suffocation. Because Chihuahuas have such small skulls, the flow of spinal fluid can be restricted, causing hydrocephalus, a swelling of the brain.

1. Who is the most filmed human comic strip character?
(Hint; ....also the first character on film [1920] )
2. What musical group performed the theme for the 007 thriller, A View to a Kill ?
(hint; think “something Something” )
3. Where on your body would you find the “line of Mars” and the “Girdle of Venus”?
4. Alfred Hitchcock had a habit of referring to actors as.... what ?
a. – empty cups
b. – lemmings
c. – cattle
d. – brats
5. What famous singer/songwriter, now deceased, was born John Henry Deutchendorf ?
6. Mitre, Dovetail, Jig and Hack are types of what ?
7. Blue, red, green and yellow are four of the colors of the Olympic rings; what color is the fifth ?
8. What is the more common name of the bird, Chaparral Cock?
TRUTH OR CRAP ?
In 1977, Puerto Rican activists took the Statue of Liberty hostage for nine hours.
1. Zorro
2. Duran Duran
3. on your palm (palmistry terms)
4. – c
5. John Denver
6. saw
7. black
8. Road Runner
TRUTH !
The Nationalists took over the Statue and draped a Puerto Rican Flag from Her crown. They were demanding independence from the USA for Puerto Rico.
The situation ended with no injuries or arrests, after the demonstrators agreed to pay $100 each to cover “Damages and loss of tourism dollars”..

I did okay today. I got the ones in red:

1. Zorro --All that would come to me was Superman!
2. Duran Duran
3. on your palm (palmistry terms)

4. – c --I almost said cattle, but then I could have sworn I had read that he called them brats! I guess that's what I get for swearing! :LOL:
5. John Denver
6. saw
7. black
8. Road Runner
TRUTH !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom