Trivia 5/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 5/13
DID YOU KNOW...
The First commercial (CBS) Color TV Program aired on June 25, 1951, over a 5-station network, 4:35 P.M. from New York Studio 57.
The show featured appearances by Arthur Godfrey, Faye Emerson, Sam Levenson, Ed Sullivan, Garry Moore, Robert Alda, Isabel Bigley, Bill Baird Marionettes, Sol Hurok’s New York City Ballet arranged by George Balanchine, Patty Painter (“Miss Color Television”), Wayne Coy (Chairman of the FCC), William S. Paley (CBS Chairman), and Frank Stanton (President of CBS).

1. who or what was named Sopwith Camel ?
2. To which city in the southern hemisphere must I travel to visit the famous Copacabana beach ?
3. If I fear animals, what's my "phobia" ?
4. Which continent produces almost half of the world's cars ?
5. Who wrote The Da Vinci Code ?
6. What gives champagne it's bubbles ?
7. What sort of fish comes in a Skipjack variety ?
8. Name That "do" ;
Once in Vogue in the 1970's, the Shag haircut had a revival in the 1990's with the modified version worn by Jennifer Aniston's character on a popular TV sitcom. Emulated by much of the Gen-x female population, the sexy cut, notable for it's long bangs and choppy layers accented with highlight streaks, was dubbed "America's First Hairdo" by Rolling Stone magazine...
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The first CD pressed in the USA for commercial release was Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA.
1. an airplane
2. Rio de Janeiro
3. Zoophobia
4. Europe
5. Dan Brown
6. Carbon Dioxide
7. Tuna
8. The "Rachael" (Jennifer's character on Friends)
TRUTH !
The album reached number one on Billboard's 200 Chart in July of 1984, and remained there for nearly a month.

Back
Top Bottom