DID YOU KNOW...
From the practice of decorating graves with flowers, wreaths and flags, the holiday was long known as Decoration Day. The name Memorial Day goes back to 1882, but the older name didn't disappear until after World War II. Federal law declared "Memorial Day" the official name in 1967.
1. Under what name did Stevland Morris gain musical fame ?
2. How many films did best friends Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon star in together ?
a. – 2
b. – 4
c. – 6
d. - 8
3. What baseball Hall of Fame pitcher holds the record for most career losses (316) ?
4. What baseball Hall of Fame pitcher holds the record for most career WINS (511) ?
5. How many holes are there in a standard Chinese Checker board ?
6. Who was the last film star to win back-to-back Oscars for best Actor?
(Bonus; how about best actress ?)
7. What Mid-western state is nick-named the "Crossroads of America" ?
a. - Illinois
b. - Indiana
c. - Iowa
d. - Missouri
8. What was the name of the USA's first space station ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Britain's Prince Charles created Duchy Originals, a leading brand of organic food and
1. "Little" Stevie Wonder
2. - d
3. CY YOUNG
4. CY YOUNG
6. TOM HANKS-1993/94
(Bonus; Katharine Hepburn 1967/68)
7. - b
The Prince established the brand in 1992 with bread made from organically farmed grain
from his Highgrove estate.
All profits go to the Prince of Wales' Charitable Foundation.
WE NEED PLAYERS !!
“Bad men need nothing more to accomplish their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
― John Stuart Mill