DID YOU KNOW...
Give a ****
Meaning: To assign little or no significance to something
Origin: The original phrase, “I don’t give a dam,” probably came to England from India via mid 18th-century soldiers returning home. A dam was an Indian coin of little value.
1. Of it's eleven nominations, how many Oscars did The Color Purple win ?
2. The Harry Harrison novel Make Room,! Make Room! was the basis for what Sci-Fi flick ?
(Hint; Edward G. Robinson co-starred)
3. What U.S. city was nicknamed "The Hornet's Nest" by General Cornwallis during the American Revolution ?
4. Who is the best known talk show host at TV's fictional KACL radio station ?
5. What is the sister guitar to the Fender Stratocaster ?
6. What movie won Robert DeNiro a bets actor Oscar in 1980 ?
7. The Stephen King story Children of the Corn is set in what state ?
8. What First Lady did columnist William Safire call "A congenital liar" ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The Golden Gate Bridge is the longest suspension bridge in the USA.
2. soylent green
3. charlotte, n.c.
5. fender telecaster
6. RAGING BULL
8. HILLARY CLINTON
At 8,891 feet, the Bay area's beloved icon held the record when it was completed, but, at 13,700 feet, the Verrazano Narrows bridge connecting Brooklyn and Staten Island is the longest in the USA, and the eighth-longest in the world.
Food is like sex: When you abstain, even the worst stuff begins to look
good. Beth McCollister