DID YOU KNOW...
Aunt Jemima pancake flour, invented in 1889, was the first ready-mix food to be sold commercially.
1. what percentage of your body is water?
2. which soft drink was billed as the "un-cola"?
3. what was the name of the prison camp on "Hogan's heroes"?
4. what historical event is considered the official end of the cold war?
5. do you recall the name of the w.w.I
american hero who is said to have captured 132 Germans single-handedly?
6. which state was the setting for TV's "the waltons"?
7. what year was "america the beautiful" written?
8. The Khyber Pass links what two Countries ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
"Ecdysis" is the process in animals of shedding, or molting their outer skin or shell.
1. about 60 %, on average
3. STALAG 13
4. THE DISMANTLING OF THE BERLIN WALL
5. SGT. YORK
8. Pakistan and Afghanistan
In order for certain insects, crustaceans, and reptiles to grow, they must periodically shed, or molt, their outer layer of skin or other covering in a process known as ecdysis. Prior to shedding, a new soft and expandable layer is laid down underneath the existing one. Then the inner layers of the old cuticle are digested by a molting fluid secreted by the epidermal cells, the animal emerges from the old covering, and the new cuticle hardens.
Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper. Adelle Davis