DID YOU KNOW...
THE MOVIE GREASE WAS RELEASED IN VENEZUELA UNDER THE NAME VASELINA.
1. What historic War Monument is locate in Paris' Etoile Square ?
2. What was the title of Germaine Greer's 1970 best-seller ?
3. In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, what is Charlie's surname ?
4. Who am I ?
I was married to Frank Sinatra, was partnered with Woody Allen, and starred in Hannah and her Sisters...
5. What Tudor figure is the main character in A Man for All Seasons ?
6. Can you list the "Spice" names of the five original Spice girls ?
7. Joseph McCarthy carried out his infamous communist witch-hunt during the administration of which U.S. president ?
8. Organized Auto racing was born in what country ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Pocahontas converted to Christianity, and was baptized "Rebecca".
1. arc de triomphe
2. the female eunuch
4. MIA FARROW
5. THOMAS MORE
6. BABY SPICE, POSH SPICE, GINGER SPICE, scary spice, sporty spice
Pocahontas was converted to Christianity by English settlers in Henricus, not far from Jamestown, and baptized Rebecca.
She also went by the names Matoaka and Amonute.
Pocahontas was born around 1596, near what is now Jamestown, Virginia. Though she had been married to a Powhatan man, she accepted a wedding proposal from a settler named John Rolfe- not John Smith- and they wed in 1614. Her father, Chief Powhaton, blessed the marriage.
In 1616, the Rolfes traveled to England, arriving at the port of Plymouth on the 12th of June. During their stay, she met the King and was visited by John Smith, who was living in London at the time.
In March 1617, Rolfe and Pocahontas boarded a ship to return to Virginia. However, the ship had only gone as far as Gravesend on the River Thames when Pocahontas became ill. The nature of the illness is unknown. She was taken ashore and died on or about March 19.
Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper. Adelle Davis