Trivia 7/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 7/23

DID YOU KNOW...
THE LONGEST EARTHWORM EVER FOUND MEASURED 22 FEET FROM HEAD TO TAIL.

1. Fill in the blank;
Sir Malcolm Campbell gained the world speed record on land and on water at various times during the 1920s and 1930s using vehicles which were all named _______ .
2. Which Elton John tune contains the words, "I think it's gonna be a long, long time" ?
3. What year was it ;
Nicole Kidman won her first Oscar; the Queen Mother died; Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered.
4. In the Batman series of movies, which one saw Drew Barrymore in the role of "Sugar" ?
5. What does Cafe au Lait translate to in English ?
6. General Pinochet was the leader of which South American country ?
7. Which TV detective referred to almost everybody as "*****cat" ?
8. Which is larger; the dolphin or the porpoise ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Oliver Cromwell's head was stuck up on a pole..............three years after his death !
1. BLUEBIRD
2. rocket man
3. 2002
4. batman forever
5. COFFEE WITH MILK
6. CHILE
7. KOJAK
8. dolphin
TRUTH !!
When Cromwell died in 1658, his body was embalmed and secretly buried at Westminster Abbey. He had played a leading role in the trial and execution of King Charles I, but the experiment he led collapsed within two years after his death. When Charles' son, Charles II, assumed the throne in 1661, he had Cromwell's remains dug up and re-buried beneath the gallows...except for his head, which was placed on a pole and mounted atop Westminster Hall.
The grisly head stayed there for the remainder of the reign of Charles II.

Hey, hey, hey........
I got the same as Barbara L.

So, lt, where was this earth worm? Did they keep it in a jar somewhere? Pretty big jar! I bet that was some healthy soil!

I can't believe Daniel Pearl has been that long already.
Sick/Sad.
Telly, "Who loves ya, babe?" My mother loved him, and ended every phone conversation with that line.

I knew truth for some odd reason, but didn't remember the 3 year thing.
My father always says, "use you head for something besides a hat rack (LOL). Maybe that's where he got it from!?!

Thanks, lt.
When next we see ya.........................................

Hi QS,
The Microchaetidae from south Africa are most well known because of Microchaetus rappi, the longest worm in the world (6.7 metres) (22 ft) which was found at the edge of a road. I could not find mention of whether or not the specimen was preserved.
BTW, most members of this family are far smaller than this.

Back
Top Bottom