DID YOU KNOW...
Mary Stuart became Queen of Scotland when she was only six days old.
1. how old was Shakespeare at his death?
2. "I know many things for I walk by night" was the claim of what old-time
3. which city is home to the pentagon?
4. by what name is the fictional Anne Shirley better known?
5. which state borders Kansas on the west?
6. what year was the girl scouts of america formed?
7. as of the 2000 census, what percentage of the u.s. population was
8. what is the country of origin for the largest (27.6%) number of those
above mentioned foreign-born?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
the new York Yankees were originally called the Highlanders.
2. THE WHISTLER
3. ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA
4. Anne of green gables
when the american league moved the Baltimore orioles to new York for the
1903 season, the club made it's home at 168th street and Broadway, one of
the highest spots in Manhattan. the team was known as the highlanders, and
their field was called hilltop park. Jim price, sports editor of the new
York press, who was among those looking for a shorter name for their
headlines. he started calling the team "those Yankees", and the nick-name
stuck. when the franchise moved to the polo grounds in 1913, it officially
changed it's name to the new York Yankees.
“Bad men need nothing more to accomplish their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
― John Stuart Mill