DID YOU KNOW...
Haggis, the national dish of Scotland: take the heart, liver, lungs, and small intestine of a calf or sheep, boil them in the stomach of the animal, season with salt, pepper and onions, add suet and oatmeal. Enjoy!
1. What sort of critter was the mascot for the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi?
(Bonus; what was its name ?)
2. What is the name of the priceless and supposedly "cursed" diamond that was plundered from a temple in Mandala, Burma in the 17th Century?
3. If I suffer from Bruxism, what is it that I do involuntarily ?
4. Who wrote "The Communist Manifesto" ?
5. On June 17, 1972, policemen arrested five men for breaking and entering in which office complex?
6. What Radio Hero ended each episode's case summary to Effie with "Period. End of Report !"
7. what is the "Spider" in a Sushi Bar's Spider Roll ?
8. Who am I ?
After hitting .202 in the Minors in 1994, I went back to my "Day Job" of NBA Star....
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Sightings of the Ghost Ship, The Flying Dutchman are probably the result of a "Fata Morgana".
1. a Tiger (Shera)
2. The Hope
3. Grind my teeth
4. Karl Marx
6. Sam Spade
8. I am Michael Jordan
A Fata Morgana is a mirage that results when the temperature gradient of the air is reversed (being warmer above than below). The sun's rays get refracted and display images of ships that are still below the horizon. These mirages appear indistinct and change over time and may appear as 'phantom ships' to superstitious sailors. The name is derived from the name of King Arthur's shape-shifting fairy half-sister, Morgan le Fay.
“I come from a home where gravy is a beverage.”
― Erma Bombeck