DID YOU KNOW...
The famous quotation that appears on the front of the general post office in New York City - "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" - is more than two thousand years old. It is taken from the writings of Herodotus, who lived in the fourth century, B.C.
1. Name that tune........In 1964, Jan and Dean sang about a woman and her L.A. suburb...
2. On what date do the swallows always return to Capistrano ?
3. Where did Saturday Night Live's intergalactic family claim to be from ?
4. "Does she.... or doesn't she?" was the advertising slogan for what Brand name product ?
5. Name the horror flick in which we find travelers and employees of the Dixie Boy truck stop terrorized by vehicles come to life...
6. What's the technical term for one who collects phonograph records ?
7. What's the favorite sport on the planet Melmac, home of ALF ?
(Hint; it's a lot like baseball, but instead of balls, it's played with fish parts)
8. Can you name the 1932 novel to which the 1934 novel, Men Against the Sea was the sequel ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Homer Simpson's signature "D'oh!" is listed in the Oxford English Dictionary.
1. LITTLE OLD LADY FROM PASADENA
2. march 19
4. clairol HAIR COLOR
5. MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE
8. Mutiny on the bounty
Much to the chagrin of more astute scholars, Homer's famously frustrated exclamatory expression has become part of the OED-approved vernacular.
Bad men need nothing more to accomplish their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.
― John Stuart Mill