DID YOU KNOW...
Wedding rings are often placed on the third finger of the left hand because ancient civilizations believed the vein in that hand (which the Romans called the 'vein of love') ran directly to the heart.
1. how many US presidents have been an only child?
2. which state is home to America's very first ski resort?
3. what does a pogonophobic fear?
4. what was the name of the "good little witch" of comic book fame?
5. what's the lightest you can be to fight as a heavyweight?
6. what newsworthy event occurred on a dairy farm near bethel, new York aug. 15, 1969?
7. One pound of sugar equals how many cups?
8. What year was Barbed Wire Patented ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Dom perignon is named for the blind monk who invented champagne.
5. 176 POUNDS
6. WOODSTOCK MUSIC FESTIVAL
7. 2 1/4 cups
in 1693, Dom pierre perignon, a Benedictine monk at the abbey of hautvillers, accidentally
bottled a batch of partially fermented wine. the following spring most of the bottles
exploded. tasting a surviving bottle, he is said to have remarked, "i'm drinking stars!".
perignon was 60 years old in 1698 when he finally perfected the process of making
champagne-a balance of grapes, sugar, fermentation, sturdy bottles, and a method to
keep the corks from shooting out of the bottle prematurely
“Food is like sex: When you abstain, even the worst stuff begins to look
good.” – Beth McCollister