DID YOU KNOW...
Sheila Kuehl, who portrayed Zelda in the TV series "The many loves of Dobie Gillis", was a California State Senator from 1994 to 20008.
1. Do you remember the name of the musician who had a one-hit wonder with 1973's "Disco Duck"?
2. In what state was Sheriff Andy Taylor's Mayberry?
3. Who was the first player to win the Super Bowl MVP award twice?
Bonus ; name the other three players who have multiple wins.)
4. Name the man who was "stolen" from Debbie Reynolds by Liz Taylor.
5. Baseball pitcher Bob Gibson was also on what Basketball team?
6. Who was the first Biblical figure to get drunk?
7. Which South American Country has Its Capitol at Georgetown ?
8. What's the most famous product to come out of Lynchburg, Tennessee ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Ounce for ounce, Lemons contain more sugar than Strawberries.
1 .Rick Dees
2. NORTH CAROLINA
3. BART STARR (Terry Bradshaw , twice- Tom Brady , twice, and Joe Montana , three times)
4. EDDIE FISHER
5. Harlem Globetrotters
8. Jack Daniel's whiskey
This remarkable fact is well spread around the internet; The acid within the lemon would mask the sweetness of the sugar, so is the explanation.
To determine if this is true we first need to agree on how to compare the two, since one lemon is of course much bigger and heavier than one strawberry.
To make a fair comparison we should look at the amount of sugar per a certain amount of substance; lets take the standard of 100 grams.
Then we will see that a lemon contains 2.50g sugar per 100g, and a strawberry contains 5g sugar per 100g. Twice the amount of that of a lemon!
So we can safely conclude this fact is not true; A strawberry contains in fact twice as much sugar as a lemon.
“Food is like sex: When you abstain, even the worst stuff begins to look
good.” – Beth McCollister