Trying to cope with Mother's death I know

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

di reston

Sous Chef
I know many of you have helped me to come to terms with this difficult situation, and I thank you all for helping me along the the way.

I feel at sixes and sevenenties every day, and and I find it dificult to cope with the days, and my nights are full of memories of my Ma, and in the mornings I feel choked with all the memories.

How ever, so long as I can lean on you, I will be able to get al0ng, and things will get better.

With love

Di reston

Thank you for your help, it helps a very great deal, and thanks you for the love you express for your understanding. It means a great much to me, and it helps to come to terms with the loss of a lady who was the light of my life.

Many thanks

di reston

(((Hugs Di))) Try to enjoy your memories of your mother. :flowers:

Yes, enjoy the good memories, and be happy that you had such a good relationship with your mother.

My mother is 85, and I visit her three times a year. I talk to her on the phone a few times a year. We send each other emails a few times a year. I wish I had the kind of relationship with my mom that you had with your mom.

The loss is harder when you have a lot to lose. But, you can be thankful that you had that much to lose, if that makes any sense.

CD

Thank you all for helping me along the the way.

My mother staid strong right to the end.

In her later years, she lost her hair, and her hairdresser bought a wig for her. Right to the end, when I went to see her in hospital, she demanded for me to straighten her wig and her make-up so she could receive the guys in the family without embareassmant. Vain to the end, and I so love her for this.

I miss the phone calls we had every day.

Thank you all for you help, it means so much to me.

di reston

As Casey said, you and I are the lucky ones. My memories of her are as vivid as they were when she died so many years ago. She would have insisted that I lived my life well after her death, and I'm sure your Mom would want the same for you. Try to make her proud. Many hugs to you.

I offer you my sincere condolence for the loss of you mother.
My mother died when she was 68 years old, my same age today , and every
day i remember her courage during the seven years he suffered.
I'm close to you in this sad moment.
Marigio

So sorry for your loss, Di. I too am sure that your dear mother would want you to hold on to the good memories, those will always be with you.

My mom's final weeks were spent in home hospice here at my home. She wouldn't have wanted her end of life to be spent in a hospital. As she progressed further and was unable to communicate, I could see in her eyes that she was ready. I prayed to God to call her home and the next morning she took her last breath as I held her hand. It was so hard but continuing to barely live that way would have been worse. This was in 2011.

Take care, and (((hugs))) to you.

Thank you for your help, it helps a very great deal, and thanks you for the love you express for your understanding. It means a great much to me, and it helps to come to terms with the loss of a lady who was the light of my life.

Many thanks

di reston

I understand 100% how you feel. When my sweet Buck died in 2008, I was enveloped with the caring love of the members of this site. I don't know how I could have made it through this stressful experience without the strong arms and hugs this "family" offered to me.

Bless you and enjoy the warmth and comfort our members offer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom