Tuesday the 14th! LOL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raven

Sous Chef
Well, Tueday the 14th wasn't nearly as bad as Mondy the 13th, but not by too much LOL!

I started the day off by digging the old Dell 486 out of the closet to replace the dead laptop, smashing my thumb between the case and the coffee table as I was setting it down.

Then pulled a muscle moving a large potted plant.

Then I turned over my soda on the coffee table. I caught the glass but knocked a salt shaker into a full wastepaper basket.

Then I whacked my elbow on the door frame going into the kitchen.

We ordered Pizza, it took an hour (usually they're here in about 30 minutes). When the man handed me my change, I folded it over and stuck it in my shirt pocket where I promptly received a paper cut.

On the PLUS side though, we placed an order with an online home and garden store which arrived today. A few new sockets for some old lamps that needed repair and 2 40' rolls of garden edging to put around my bedding plants. When the UPS truck pulled up (a BIG truck at that), he pulled 3 huge boxes out. They didn't send me two 40 foot rolls of garden edging, they sent me 2 CASES, each containing 5 40' rolls of garden edging (400 feet in all!!!) :ROFLMAO:

Of course when I opened the box I raked my finger on the corner of one of the rolls of edging (fortunantly I didn't cut it but it felt like I did) LOL!

Tomorrow is yet another adventure:mrgreen:

~ Raven ~

I started the day off by digging the old Dell 486 out of the closet to replace the dead laptop, smashing my thumb between the case and the coffee table as I was setting it down

Will The Laptop Make it ? I Hope so Raven ! Do you run 3.1, or 95 on That 486 ? We need to get that Laptop Powered up ! I Kind of like Bringing the OLd Stuff back once in a while !
I wonder if they knew about Computers when they Started the Saying " Ramming Speed " ? :huh:

Hoping Wed, Feb 15 is better for you - this might be a case of "I can't wait til Friday" - in that case, today is hump day - after today, only two days left - you can do it! Hugs to you today!

Well, on the old Dell, I was going to run it on pure DOS but hit a snag and had to put Win. 3.11 back on it.

The laptop runs Win 95 and is mostly used by Mom for her games (It's a Frankenstien IBM Thinkpad 750C that I built out of a box of "parts-only" systems bought off eBay for $30.00 about 5 years ago. One had a good screen, one had a good motherboard, most had good keyboards... :mrgreen:)

OOPS! The curse just stuck again. As I was typing this I looked up and saw the Cable-modem resetting it's-self (meaning we lost the pipe). Mom is semi-retired and works out of the house so this took her offline as well.

~ Raven ~

I always hate to get "THE BOOT" stupid Dial-up and unstable lines. I NEED DSL or Better NOW !!!!!!!!!
Raven it could be worst you could have to bring out a TRS-80 :ohmy:. Little kids play computers have 10 times the power they did !!!!!!!!!!!! :furious: :furious: :furious: :censored: Did I say That ????????????? :huh: :yuk: :-p

Back
Top Bottom