Turquoise jewelry? got any "extra"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I'm on a hunt for turquoise jewelry.
About 20 years ago, our home was broken into.
We had our kids out for dinner and were gone 1 hour 10 minutes.
Someone obviously heard us discussing going out [as my husband was in the back lot using our burn barrel when I yelled from the house of my suggestion] and, when we drove off, they came in. Among other things, they terrorized our Pomeranian and beat her:furious: :censored: , and stole all 7 of our jewelry boxes.
This past week, my husband surprised me with a pretty box of fun stuff when I returned home from being at work 5 days. It was a box of earrings, a pendant/broche, ring and bracelet, all turquoise. When I opened it, he told me he'd gotten them for me because of all the years that have passed since my jewelry was stolen. I missed the opal jewelry he'd gotten me when we were kids [high schoolers] and all the turquoise he'd collected for me over many many years. I was smitten with his thoughtfulness.:wub:
Now, I'd love to broaden my batch.
I love the stuff and brought it on this venture of 8 days in a row of being gone from home. He'd be pleased to know I love it this much.
Question, does anyone have turquoise they no longer care about?
Anyone want to sell any of it?
Anyone want to PM me if the answer is yes?
Oh please, if you no longer care for the stuff, I do.
Please PM me if you are interested.
Thanks.........

i'm seconding Constance whole-heartedly. i prefer big interesting one-of-a-kind semiprecious stones set in silver to the standard faceted clear diamond for my jewelry, and i get a lot of these things at incredibly reasonable prices on ebay. one of my favorite sellers is silvershake
huge selection, reasonable shipping costs. i've ordered from them several times, but there are *plenty* of great deals on ebay for jewelry.

I can probably get hold of some in the raw mineral state quite easily, if you`re prepared to have the stuff cut and mounted?

I`ll ask my friend if he has any decent specimins laying about :)

I always see a lot of Turquoise Jewelry on QVC and HSN. The both shopping channels have great designers and I would highly recommend that you watch the shows. You must be on cable to see it on TV but if you are not you can check out the problems on your internet.

Some of the pieces are fantastic looking and I would buy some but I am not into Turquioise Jewelry.

big thanks to those who replied.
I actually want American Indian jewelry.
You can get all kinds of stuff but not all is genuine American Indian pieces.
I like the larger pieces too.
I like the unusual.
Not wanting to get stones and have them mounted, but thanks for suggesting that.
Did go to ebay and 1381 came up.
Yikes!
when I reentered with American Indian only about 113 came up.
I'm learning............:huh:

:) I have lots of the stuff but not ready to part with it.Living in the south west its easy to get but Ebay is your best bet.If you want some help on that PM me with what exactly what you are looking for with your Email address and I will check out Ebay and send you the auction with picture to see if thats what you want.Im very good on Ebay over 475 wins and can find anything, I have bought a bit of native american jewelry there,old pawn is the best but quite pricey.Also to up your chances I can hook you up to auction sniper a penny or two to the dollar if you win.

jpmcgrew said:
:) I have lots of the stuff but not ready to part with it.Living in the south west its easy to get but Ebay is your best bet.If you want some help on that PM me with what exactly what you are looking for with your Email address and I will check out Ebay and send you the auction with picture to see if thats what you want.Im very good on Ebay over 475 wins and can find anything, I have bought a bit of native american jewelry there,old pawn is the best but quite pricey.Also to up your chances I can hook you up to auction sniper a penny or two to the dollar if you win.
The stuff I found on ebay [I should say that interested me and my taste of what I'm looking for] was pretty pricey. Not that I know that much about the pricing of the stuff, but it did seem stiff. Also I found a chunky necklace that I saw someone else had asked about. it was 'faux'. I had already bid a few bucks on it before I read her comment on it being faux. I wrote the seller and told him'her that my bid no longer was active and for all the reasons. Guess who chose to ignore my email? uh huh. The seller and guess who won the bid? uh huh, me. I wrote him, and said, "I'm not paying I have in print that I wrote to you before the bid ended three times." ick:huh:

Take a trip to Flagstaff and get all you could ever want at cheap prices. It is the wholesale capital for the stuff.

Candocook said:
Take a trip to Flagstaff and get all you could ever want at cheap prices. It is the wholesale capital for the stuff.
Flag or Sedona or even outskirts of Phoenix I suppose.
I'll find the stuff I'm looking for eventually.
There's no rush.:neutral:
Plus, I'm going to make it my mission in every odd ball city I'm in for work, I'll be in the phone book checking out the whereabouts of pawn shops.:-p

Last edited:
If you have any flea markets in your area check those out too as I've seen what your looking for at local ones that come here several times a year.

SizzlininIN said:
If you have any flea markets in your area check those out too as I've seen what your looking for at local ones that come here several times a year.
thanks Siz, I need to get to NYC where their flea market is known everywhere

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom