Two Days To 12/12/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isn't the Mayan end of the world the 21st? You should still have a day then, Fi.
And with Kylie being a day ahead of us, someone else can start the dinner thread :ROFLMAO:

I'll start it, I have a few more hours before SA hits the 21st :LOL:
If I oversleep and meet my doom you'll have to do it Pac :angel:

You can count on me! I get up early enough... maybe to at least start it for the folks in California :-p

I guess they think it will make a difference in the marriage. Really?

It might be interesting to see the statistics in 12 years on how many of these marriages last eh?

:LOL:
It is somehow disturbing that we all find it funny :angel:
We could always phone Clark Kent, he'll save us. I watched him do it last week on Smalleville ;)

:LOL:Snip:LOL: Wasn't Superman born in Russia?

There was some kid on the news who was born at 12:12 (am or pm?) on 12/12/00 so s/he is 12 today 12:12 on 12/12/12. I think this calls for cake for Everyone.

oh wow, guys. i just heard there will be one HUGE 121212 sandy relief concert tonight at 7:30 eastern time on t.v.--the biggest EVER gathering of star talent and bands, including: bruce springsteen and the e street band, the stones, paul mcartney, kanye west, and many, many others. bittersweet how it takes a tragedy such as hurricane sandy, or 9/11, to reveal the deep well of goodness and generosity of our people that emerges at such times....

Last edited:
oh wow, guys. i just heard there will be one HUGE 121212 sandy relief concert tonight at 7:30 eastern time. the biggest EVER gathering of star talent and bands, including: bruce springsteen and the e street band, the stones, paul mcartney, kanye west, and many, many others. bittersweet how it takes a tragedy such as hurricane sandy, of 9/11, to reveal the deep well of goodness and generosity of our people that emerges at such times....

Unfortunately, a study found that folks in the Northeast are the stingest when it come to donations. I would like to think I am not one of them. I do try to do my part. Even if it is just a dollar in the Salvation Army bucket. :angel:

oh wow, guys. i just heard there will be one HUGE 121212 sandy relief concert tonight at 7:30 eastern time on t.v.--the biggest EVER gathering of star talent and bands, including: bruce springsteen and the e street band, the stones, paul mcartney, kanye west, and many, many others. bittersweet how it takes a tragedy such as hurricane sandy, or 9/11, to reveal the deep well of goodness and generosity of our people that emerges at such times....

Yeah, I just flipped through the channels and the concert is on a BUNCH of them. Movie channels, science/bio type channels... I don't ever recall one event taking over so much TV. It's not on network TV though.
I wonder how they determine that. I don't recall Band Aid and Farm Aid being all over the place :huh:
Kind of nifty they chose 12/12/12 for it.

uhhh...right. Next you'll be trying to tell me there's no Santa Clause :LOL:

He's real. He buys my kids cheap Christmas gifts when we're broke :LOL:
My children believe that Santa only gives gifts to children that don't have any. If only that were true!

Faeries are real too, my favourite one goes by the name Shannon but he doesn't have a wand ;)

that sucks so much. i'm switching off my tv. going back to my reading. the nook doesn't let me down like my tv or windows 8 do....

...just my luck, my nook's dead battery sent me back to my pc, i found a live stream of the 121212 concert around 11:00p.m. by mediaite.--just in time, too, to catch kanye's set. he's wearing this black skirt with flaps like what you see going through a car wash. kanye puts on one helluva show. i like his bombastic style and the 'correographed' look of his street moves tonight.

the concert goes on until well after 1:00 a.m. running 1 1/2 hours over. i was surprised to see michael stipes, formerly of r.e.m. he came out of retirement to do this gig. he sounds good--losing his religion, singing all by himself like all of r.e.m. kinda nice to hear some of billy joel's songs again, after such a long time. paul mccartney finished off the concert, with a long set. he still manages some lively renditions of beatles favorites. for live and let die, there was a spectacular light show that was eerily reminiscent of the burning of a new york neighborhood during the hurricane. it also made me think of james taylor's stark and dark 'fire and rain', a song from the 70s with a similar theme.

i'm so glad that i got to see a portion of this live concert, although i missed some of the best parts. what totally mystifies me is how few cable networks were showing this concert. and even though an estimated 2 billion people around the world were said to be watching this benefit concert tonight, our network tv stations missed a huge ratings opportunity, an advertising dream, by not airing it. meanwhile, the concert could be seen live and free on the internet. strange....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom