um...5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pen[size=-1]2[/size] ([font=verdana,sans-serif] P [/font]) Pronunciation Key (p
ebreve.gif
n)
n.

1. A fenced enclosure for animals.
    2. The animals kept in such an enclosure.
    3. Any of various enclosures, such as a bullpen or playpen, used for a variety of purposes.
  1. A repair dock for submarines.
pen[size=-1]1[/size] ([font=verdana,sans-serif] P [/font]) Pronunciation Key (p
ebreve.gif
n)
n.
  1. An instrument for writing or drawing with ink or similar fluid, especially:
    1. A ballpoint pen.
    2. A fountain pen.
    3. A pen point.
    4. A penholder and its pen point.
    5. A quill.
  2. An instrument for writing regarded as a means of expression: “Tyranny has no enemy so formidable as the pen” (William Cobbett).
  3. A writer or an author: a hired pen.
  4. A style of writing: wrote plays with a witty pen.
  5. pens Pinions.
  6. The chitinous internal shell of a squid.

When I hang out with Brits, especially when I was younger, it used to be that the sun never sents on the Empire. Therefore, it is happy hour somewhere, right?

One time I found myself in the DFW airport at the good Lord only knows what time, I honestly don't remember (I was flying halfway around the world). I grabbed a split of wine off the cafeteria, and a mere child looked at me and told me that they couldn't sell booze at that hour of the day. THEN he added, what kind of drunk buys wine at this hour anyway? His boss came up behind him and tore him a new orifice. "these are international travellers, you have no idea what time it is to them." He reiterated that they could not, in fact, sell me the wine, but apologised for the kids' comments (and yes, according to my body clock, it was a perfectly reasonable hour for a glass of wine).

As we used to say, heck, it's five o'clock somewhere.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom