Unexpected pleasures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redkitty

Executive Chef
I just saw the little karma posts I had in my user profile! Duh! I'm a ding dong for not looking sooner!!! Some very sweet comments, made my day!

Whats your unexpected pleasure today?

So far my pleasure is not having spilled cereal over the office carpet. I can't believe I caught it in time. :LOL: There wasn't any milk in it thankfully.

...just a simple soul. :angel:

I got another one! I just accepted a job! Ive been off for a year since moving here and was getting so bored! I start Feb 27th, part time for the first month. YAY!

Unexpected pleasure - the nice librarian moved all 5 of the books I needed over to the drive through window so I didnt have to get out of my car. Its only 6 degrees here, its the little things.

Thread title makes me giggle, sorry!
I love reading my karma, it always makes me SO happy!
Congratulations on the job Redkitty!

Just received a box from my 93-year-old MIL, Maddy. In it was a tablecloth and 12 dinner napkins. They are made of the most exquisite linen I have ever seen. Almost gossamer. They are off-white and are heavily embroidered with flowers, birds, animals, vines. The embroidery thread is the same color as the linen, so everything is very tone-on-tone.

I've never seen such beautiful handwork in my life. Clearly the whole set is completely handmade, perhaps by her mother. She says it belonged to her mother. I can get some clue as to how old it is because Maddy's mother died when Maddy was 8-years-old.

I feel so blessed. It's so beautiful, it nearly took my breath away.

I made a post here last year in October requesting some help, a few days ago a Kind lady came to the rescue!

Thnx JKath :)

I'm not sure if this fits with this thread or not but I think it falls under the "lifes little pleasures" catagory.

I recently changed my shift at work to the night shift. Now I get to spend everyday with my 7 month old daughter and 4 year old son.

Daddy days are now everyday!!!:)

Plus we save $800 per month in day care costs. Now there's a pleasure we can bank on.

That is going to change your childrens' lives! Amazing! Congratulations!

PHILSFAULT said:
I'm not sure if this fits with this thread or not but I think it falls under the "lifes little pleasures" catagory.

I recently changed my shift at work to the night shift. Now I get to spend everyday with my 7 month old daughter and 4 year old son.

Daddy days are now everyday!!!:)

Plus we save $800 per month in day care costs. Now there's a pleasure we can bank on.

Now that's just plain wonderful! :ROFLMAO:

I have subbed for the last two days in a class that is very rowdy & disrespectful for other subs. I was told today by the lunchroom staff & several teachers what a wonderful job I was doing with the class.

It is a great day!
My water heater died yesterday but I called the company I'd used at my last house and rather than get a new one, they were able to fix this one for about 20% of the cost! Life is great! and, you're welcome, YT...and philsfault - the greatest gift you can give a child is you!

The clam chowder available in the cafeteria today was actually quite good. They offer two soups every day - usually very watery looking, but this one had some depth.

I am feeling very good today and the weather is in the 80's. It is a beautiful day in the San Fernando Valley and the weather up and down the coast in Southern California is also very nice.

I will be leaving in a little while to get my hair done and then run some errands.

We just put new carpet in the bedroom yesterday. Of course that meant we had to take everything out of the room. It was a big job but I dusted and cleaned everything before we put it back. Now the room is spic and span, top to bottom. Yeah!!!:rolleyes:

unexpected pleasure, having little Livi, come running across the grass today getting to me and saying ma, uppie:LOL: A very unexpected pleasure was having Carson say mahalo ma to me for his lunch:LOL: WOW was that something. But the best of all, being able to hug and kiss and play with the 3 little ones with DH and the dogs joining in..:LOL:

kadesma

Toots said:
Unexpected pleasure - the nice librarian moved all 5 of the books I needed over to the drive through window so I didnt have to get out of my car. Its only 6 degrees here, its the little things.

You have a drive through for the library? Never heard of such a thing, but what a great perk when the temps are so cold.

My unexpected pleasure was that I made a professional grooming appt. for my dog, his first time, and a haircut for me, so we will both be groomed on the same day:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom