Universiade IZMIR...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been to Izmir once. I went there for some NATO exercise and stayed at a nice hotel in the city. The way the work shift rotations worked out I only had to work one 8-hour shift in 4 or 5 days there. Meanwhile, the guy I went there with got stuck on the other shift and worked every day. Suckahhh :ROFLMAO: .

Anyway, I really liked it there - - particularly the markets near the old city ruins.

The Z said:
Anyway, I really liked it there - - particularly the markets near the old city ruins.

Which old city ruins? And why didn't you call me? :-p If you come again, call me.. I invite you to our BBQ party in our garden...

I don't know 'which' ruins. Because I had so much time, I went many places in the city... and I was there a long time ago. That's why I didn't call you. It was 1984. Thanks for the offer, though :) .

Whohoo.. 1984.. I was 8 years old and lived in an other city approximately 1000 km far from Izmir.. That was Sinop also have NATO base.. Anyway I'm happy for you had a good time here :)
Ohh I remember now, We have hunted and cooked quail in there.. I miss it.

Last edited:
Hope you're enjoying the games, and I'm thinking of you. I've known so many people who've lived in Izmir. I doubt I'll be out to visit any time soon, but I am thinking of you!

Claire said:
Hope you're enjoying the games, and I'm thinking of you. I've known so many people who've lived in Izmir. I doubt I'll be out to visit any time soon, but I am thinking of you!

I can be a guide for everyone coming here... And I'm sure I will enjoy the games... Especially I want to see Diving, Archery, Athletics and Sailing!!!

Some pictures from Opening Ceremony... It was great...:)

Attachments

• 6052.jpg
    6052.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 6054.jpg
    6054.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 6062.jpg
    6062.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 214
  • 6063.jpg
    6063.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 6064.jpg
    6064.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 179
  • 6065.jpg
    6065.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 6066 (4).jpg
    6066 (4).jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 6075 (5).jpg
    6075 (5).jpg
    32 KB · Views: 200
pdswife said:
Those are great photos!
You really are good with a camera.

:rolleyes: I think I'm really good with a camera, but these are not mine... Thank you PD!! :) These are from real professional!!

Back
Top Bottom