URGENT - Any Louisiana members here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Does anyone know of any churches or ANYTHING in Baton Rouge or near it that can help my son? My oldest son went there to work for a crew that was helping rebuild, then, was suppose to go to Galveston, no he and the guy he went with is stuck in Baton Rouge, La, due to the fact that not 1, but 2 crew leaders, took their money and ran!!!:angry:
He is stuck there, noway home!! The guy he went with has no gas and the tires are bald and they can't come home!! no food, nothing:cry:
They go down there to help someone while making a little money and they get screwed!! I don't know what to do. Anyone have suggestions?

They need to go to the local Salvation Army office first thing Monday. They need to explain their situation and that they were there to help.

The other option is they could find a local crew to day shift on. A lot of crews are short handed they just need to find a reputable people who will work hard.

they thought they had a good guy, he let them stay in his back yard and take showers and stuff. the guy took off too, it was a rental and not his real name!! I will tell him about the salvation army, if they can find it.

United Way is also an option.

Tell him also to try calling these places:

First Alpine Baptist Church 225-387-4563
225-334-0222
Heartsease Family Life CTR 225-274-1607
These two locations participate in the Angel Food Ministries and should be able to give them assistance missions that help people in trouble.

thank you!
i have to figure out how to get hold of him. he uses someones cell when he calls.

Miss Stacy...Would it be possible for you to wire him/them some money...Western Union etc.?

Because I am unemployed and we are barely making it,no, I can't.
Unfotunately, I have helped him out of things so many times, I just can't anymore, dh won't let me. He is very gullible and trusts everyone and people love to take advantage of him and it's not hard to.:(

Because I am unemployed and we are barely making it,no, I can't.
Unfotunately, I have helped him out of things so many times, I just can't anymore, dh won't let me. He is very gullible and trusts everyone and people love to take advantage of him and it's not hard to.:(

I understand....Then one of the options above should work...I don't even think they would have to wait until Monday to contact them...Maybe tonight...in the morning for sure!

He isn't in Baton Rouge, that is where one of the jobs were. He is just outside of New Orleans, but, can't pronounce it and had to get off the phone before I could pull up a map.

The info you gave was Baton Rouge and those were the agencies near BR. If you find out the exact location, I can get the names for that area too.

Hey Texasgirl, Any news from your boy? Hope you were able to get him some help. I know you must be worried sick about him.

This is for the New Orleans Area:

Tell him to Call 2-1-1 from service area, or
(800) 273-8255 Alternative Number

This will put him in touch with The United Way and they will be able to direct him to the place he needs to go.

I THOUGHT he was in Baton Rouge!

No Jabbur, I haven't heard from him since Sunday afternoon. He was suppose to call me and let me know where, outside of N Orleans he is, but, he didn't call. I'm angry and worried. He has done this before, not calling, knowing that I worry, that is why I'm tired of helping him, but, as a mother, cannot help but do so.

Thank you Mama, I have written that down, so if he calls

Back
Top Bottom