USAF Band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
I just came across this. So it’s a day late. It is absolutely fun and fantastic. These guys and gals are GOOD! I double dare you not to dance, even if you only move your arms and snap your fingers!

The USAF Band Holiday Flashback

One of these days, someone needs to teach me how to embed YouTube videos!

I just copy and paste the URL from the YouTube video.

Each branch of the military (except Space Force) has bands, vocal groups, etc. Their performances are free, but you usually need to get tickets in advance. I've attended performances by the Navy and Air Force bands, and the Coast Guard Band will be in NH in the spring.

I just copy and paste the URL from the YouTube video.

Each branch of the military (except Space Force) has bands, vocal groups, etc. Their performances are free, but you usually need to get tickets in advance. I've attended performances by the Navy and Air Force bands, and the Coast Guard Band will be in NH in the spring.
I knew, certainly, that the 5 branches of the US military have their own bands, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen (or heard) them play anything besides patriotic pieces. I’m pretty sure I’ve NEVER heard them this jazzy.

I’m assuming that all of the singers in the video were also USAF, but I’m wondering about the dancers, who were unquestionably trained, if not professional, dancers. Does the USAF have a dance team?

I’d love to see one of their concerts. I’ll have to keep an eye out for tickets!

I've heard the West Point band and glee club many times. I grew up not too far from West Point, so they performed fairly often in our towns and schools.

You'd think they would be all Sousa marches and stuff, but they really have a great repertoire.

The bands I have seen play big band jazz. I think it was the Navy band that played the Montreux jazz festival. You can download some of their work from their websites (at least I have in the past), but a lot of it isn't available due to copyright issues.

Come late spring and all of summer, the military bands come to Boston and play on the Esplanade. My sister and I made it point not to miss any of them. I think they gave us both, the best entertainment ever.

Thanks for the You Tube.

Back
Top Bottom