Utilities... Whats YOUR opinion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do Utilities treat YOU?

• I love them! Never had a problem!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No problem, but they are RUDE!

• How dare you ask! I will never tell! >:(

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Ok.... phone, gas, electric, cell phone, cable, internet, pay radio, garbage and water.

Utilities..... what is YOUR opinion on how they treat you? :)

(Try not to mention their name.... just what their service is)

Last edited:
I don't really have much problem dealing with my utility providers, but I do feel that I pay too much for what I receive, primarily because I have to deal with monolopies. Factor in some competition, and I think I'd pay a bit less.

COX communications has pretty much monopolized the hampton Roads area, as other places. They are extremely wishy washy in the consistancy of the bill. It always seems like they are adding misc. charges, but when I call to question them, they give me the run around to the point where I am getting SO frustrated, I give the "Supervisor" a few choice statements, and Hang up.

I have been thinking of making the switch to another company, but it is almost impossible to NOT deal with COX.

We're monopolized here. One cable/internet service, one energy service, one phone service (though we only use cell phones now so we're exempt from that)

My city only has one phone company and they were a rip off. They were charging us "local long distance" to call people around the corner. Our bill was 80.00 a month for a basic phone line. No call waiting, caller i.d.
nothing. So needless to say our cell phones also serve as a home phone.
AND they were rude to boot !!
Other utilites are way overpriced if you ask me.

We live on an island. We have one electric company and one water company. We either pay or do without, and the bills keep going up and up and up.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom