Venting on a Happy Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our cleaning ladies showed up an hour late. I was ready to get really mad as I have so much to do today until I saw it was a different team - these ones are top notch and friendly. The lead one had only been here once but she knew about not touching my cookbook/trinket shelf (too much on it, I do it myself), that Dad's stuff comes first but they do a quick clean of our bathroom as well and that the only items on my counters not to be moved are my KA (named "Brutus" or "The Brute" for very obvious reasons) and my portioning scale (you move it, you recalibrate it!).

So, how can I get made about a minor inconvenience when I get a clean house and someone who knows and cares about how I like it! :angel:

feels like christmas gifts doesn't it ? i ordered most of my christmas stuff on line. they don't all come at once so it is like christmas everyday!!:LOL:

Love it...they were very well wrapped, nothing borken and all of it there. I got everything into the space I had cleared, but will have to come up with a different system. The jars are 4 deep and 6 across.

It was funny, the UPS driver has a tendency to drop and run. The front doorbell rang and it was a package for Shrek through the post office, so I went to the back door to make sure the packages weren't sitting there. No sooner than I got sat down again the back doorbell rang and there were my Penzy's boxes. At least he rang the doorbell this time before dropping and running.:)

Shrek stood there wide-eyed as I was unwrapping them and he asked me how much I spent, I told him I'd tell him as soon as he told me how much he spent on the tenor banjo that showed up the other day.:) I didn't spend as much as he did...:angel:

just checked walmart eye doc out. big big price difference. even without my insurance, it is about 1/3 the price. my insurance will only pay if i go to their doc. the one near me, gives me a battle for the prescription when i went to him. so
wow, i am jazzed couple hundred as opposed to 500 at the other one.

just checked walmart eye doc out. big big price difference. even without my insurance, it is about 1/3 the price. my insurance will only pay if i go to their doc. the one near me, gives me a battle for the prescription when i went to him. so
wow, i am jazzed couple hundred as opposed to 500 at the other one.

Have you checked out buying Rx glasses online? Some friends of mine recommended Zenni Optical - Eyeglasses, Prescription Glasses, Bifocal, Progressive Eyeglasses, Rimless Glasses. I was happy with my two pairs of bifocals with clip on sunglasses for less than $105 including shipping.

that is great price. i have bifocals and progressive lens. also a astigmatism in left eye. doubt walmart would give me the prescription either, not without a hassle anyway. just need em really badly. eyes getting worse and my glasses got scratched up in the rehab place. they were not careful with my glasses when they moved them. i had them three years and not a scratch. not so now.

that is great price. i have bifocals and progressive lens. also a astigmatism in left eye. doubt walmart would give me the prescription either, not without a hassle anyway. just need em really badly. eyes getting worse and my glasses got scratched up in the rehab place. they were not careful with my glasses when they moved them. i had them three years and not a scratch. not so now.

Babe,

By rights that prescription is yours, not property of the eye doctor. It is what you paid for when you got the eye exam. I would discuss ownersip of the prescription, and how a lawyer might be helpful, to the eye doctor's office and see how fast you get your prescription.

You could also sic Aging Services on them. They are there to help you when you have problems like this and can help you understand your rights.

I have astigmatism (mild) too. That's handled with the online stuff too.

My cat, Shreddy, won't leave me alone. He wants scritches or cuddles all the time. He is one of those affectionate, very demanding tom cats. He has been that way since he was kitten. I was getting annoyed. It's very distracting. Then I remembered what my DH said to me one day when I complained about it. "Ah, poor you, you're getting too much lovings." :)

i really liked my new doctor. he was with me for over half an hour. told me a couple things i need to do. shingles shot, i had never heard of that. have to go to pharmacy that administers meds. bone density test. and an eye exam. wants a head to toe exam in march. then will decide if he needs more tests. he asked many questions , to aid in getting to know me. we will wait and see. but first impressions were good.

Update on my work ethics...I was told that I am working too hard and to slow it down a bit. They couldn't find a single thing done wrong:)

As least they said it nicer than the last person who complained about me, she said I was "Anal" and made everyone else look bad.

Thursday night I will be staying late to help out the nurse working to get her supply and drug orders done for the weekend. They've been running out of stuff and instead of helping her out they just complain. So I will stay and give her the assist.

better to be "anal" than slipshod. to many of those in health care. you go girl!

Thank you, Babe. I guess I'm just one of those who loves my job. I wouldn't do it if it wasn't fun! It can be exasperating and mind-bending, but in all it's tons of fun.:)

happy vent, unexpectedly have a day off. was going shopping with granddaughter. we decided to wait till tomorrow. of course i have tons to do here. but i don't have to do any of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom