Venting.... wisdom teeth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VB,
Did you ask your dentist. I took my son to the dentist monday for his 6 month cleaning and they did a panorama x-ray. It showed his already and he'll be 14 in Nov. Dr. said he'd be getting them out when he's 16 or 17. I would definitely ask your dentist about it.

Hey Luvs, good to see you!

VB, it can totally vary from person to person, but I would have thought you would be done with them by now. Has your dentist shown you the xrays? Are you having pain? I would agree with Luvs regarding a second opinion, but I would ask your dentist to refer you to a dental surgeon - they may not "operate" but are the best ones to deal with this sort of thing.

It can vary but I'd ask you dentist as already suggested. I still have mine. They came in during college, no pain, nothing. As a college student there was no $$ for dentist so it wasn't till much later that I gave it any thought. My dentist says that as long as I can keep them clean, there are no problems with them and she can get at them to work on them they can stay. That was the final confirmation that I really do have a big mouth...:ohmy:

I still have two of my four wisdom teeth. They cam in in my late teens. My dentist took out the two on one side because of cavities. The other two are still there (I'm in my 60s). They'll go to the grave with you if there are no problems.

i had all mine out in my late thirties. no room in my mouth for them. it was not a fun thing to have done. lots of pain and dry sockets. but if they hurt you out they should come.

It depends if you need them out or not! Most people only start developing them in their late teens and twenties. Mine started coming in early and I got mine removed when I was 15 because it was thought they were linked to my migraines... wrong!

You know, if I did not come to America I would have not known that "wisdom teeth" could be a problem. Mine came out when I was in late teens, never hurt, never botherd me, never made me feel uncomfortable. I think because of big hupla around them people expect the problem and pane etc. I had mine removed when I was 35, I wish I did not, removinf was a pain in the neck, well more like pain in the mouth.

I know this is a very old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one. Currently my vents are more annoying than a petty vent.

It's distressing me that I have to do so much paperwork because my beloved husband, Stirling, died. I'm in serious mourning and the accountant, lawyer, and mortuary are giving me homework with deadlines. I'm snowed under with an enormous amount of work to do, most of which friends can't help with. It doesn't seem fair to lay that burden on someone who is grieving.

I'm so sorry this is happening taxy. I saw what my sister, mother, went thru. Both my ex and I have prearrangements and instructions with the kids. I know there will still be a lot more for them to do. My son handled his uncle's (my bro) and I'm sorry I was too far away to help.

It is a real shame that more people don't understand what needs to be done and the stress it leaves for those who need to do them. Plan for it NOW when you can make your own decisions and spare others with one last final gift. They will be grateful.

I know this is a very old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one. Currently my vents are more annoying than a petty vent.

It's distressing me that I have to do so much paperwork because my beloved husband, Stirling, died. I'm in serious mourning and the accountant, lawyer, and mortuary are giving me homework with deadlines. I'm snowed under with an enormous amount of work to do, most of which friends can't help with. It doesn't seem fair to lay that burden on someone who is grieving.

Your words echo exactly mine a while back, I just couldn't believe how insensitive and cold, officials can be. I know they're just doing their job, but for goodness sake, a bit of humanity!

I know this won't make you feel better but I truly relate to you, total empathy from me @taxlady, you can do it, hang in there, your husband is with you.

Thank you dragn and Meryl.

I met with the lawyer for the first time. Phew, he's nice. I feel far less pressure, now that I know more and know that he can handle a lot of it.

At least one problem that many people have when their partner dies and they have a joint bank account isn't a problem. In Quebec, since some time in 2022, only half of any joint bank accounts gets frozen. (unless there is some sort of written agreement for something else)

My sister and I just went through all this for my mom when my dad died in early December.

Prioritize. Your accountant can help with this. Find out what needs to be done right now, and what can wait.

Some of those things we didn't even start until a couple of months after he passed away. We just finished the last thing we needed to do last Friday.

Also, try to use your lawyer as little as possible -- they charge big fees for every minute of their time. We didn't even tell my dad's lawyer that my dad died until March. Then, we told him, "This is what we need you to do."

CD

Thank you dragn and Meryl.

I met with the lawyer for the first time. Phew, he's nice. I feel far less pressure, now that I know more and know that he can handle a lot of it.

At least one problem that many people have when their partner dies and they have a joint bank account isn't a problem. In Quebec, since some time in 2022, only half of any joint bank accounts gets frozen. (unless there is some sort of written agreement for something else)

Like I said, be careful with the lawyer, unless you have money to burn. He's going to want to do as much as he can, and charge you big bucks for it. Keep your conversations with him short, and to the point.

If your lawyer says, "I can do that for you," don't be shy about asking what it is going to cost.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it is what it is.

CD

My sister and I just went through all this for my mom when my dad died in early December.

Prioritize. Your accountant can help with this. Find out what needs to be done right now, and what can wait.

Some of those things we didn't even start until a couple of months after he passed away. We just finished the last thing we needed to do last Friday.

Also, try to use your lawyer as little as possible -- they charge big fees for every minute of their time. We didn't even tell my dad's lawyer that my dad died until March. Then, we told him, "This is what we need you to do."

CD
Like I said, be careful with the lawyer, unless you have money to burn. He's going to want to do as much as he can, and charge you big bucks for it. Keep your conversations with him short, and to the point.

If your lawyer says, "I can do that for you," don't be shy about asking what it is going to cost.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it is what it is.

CD
That was sort of what I expected. But, he is being very up front about costs, without my asking. I had asked his hourly rate on the phone. It was my accountant who gave me this lawyer's name. There is stuff that the accountant can't do and doesn't know the answers to, that this lawyer will know. He isn't charging me for this first consultation. One of the things he can do for me is to get the official death certificate from the government expedited. Usually less than a month instead of usually three months.

Back
Top Bottom