"Virtual" Ice Cream Social

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
same here..usually don't keep that much but at over 1/2 off I can't resist not stocking up.

love toffee bits so good on vanilla ice cream...I'm going to try making some lavender ice cream...hoping it's lucious
kades

Get some dry ice and send it my way so I can let you know if it's good enough, i'm good at tasting.... Really I am.... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'll have a Banana Split w/ chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice cream. Fresh strawberries on the strawberry ice cream, caramel on the the vanilla and hot fudge on the chocolate. Whipped cream, wet nuts and cherries on top.
Orange Crush Float for dessert.

We have a few new rByer's flavors on the menu:

Mint Chocolate Chip
Snickers
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
Cherry Vanilla
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

I forgot to mention my Haagen Daz Maple walnut and the mocha fudge almond. I hid those, but I'm willing to share with y'all! ;)

oh man, i haven't had maple walnut in years!!! if i had 1 go to ice cream without any sides, sauces, or toppings, it would be maple walnut. either that or ben and jerry's chubby hubby.

but for a sundae, i'd like a "kiss" sundae from friendly's. it's fun to order one from a cute waitress as well. "i'd like a kiss, please". :)

it's 3 scoops of french vanilla, topped with marshmallow and chocolate sauces, whipped cream, and mini hershey's kisses.

ok, so, how much ice cream has anyone eaten in one sitting?

i once was challenged to a "jim dandy" eating contest at friendly's when i was a kid. a jim dandy is a type of bananas split: 5 scoops of ice cream, strawberry, pineapple, marshmallow & chocolate topping, a split-fresh banana, sprinkles & walnuts.

i won eating 5 of them. :blink:

Get some dry ice and send it my way so I can let you know if it's good enough, i'm good at tasting.... Really I am.... :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Still have'nt made my ice cream.Made just plain vanilla for fathers day. We bought a soft serve machine that dipenses small goodies into the ice cream. Boy did the kids have a blast with tiny M&M's and sprinkles.
kades

oh man, i haven't had maple walnut in years!!! if i had 1 go to ice cream without any sides, sauces, or toppings, it would be maple walnut. either that or ben and jerry's chubby hubby.

but for a sundae, i'd like a "kiss" sundae from friendly's. it's fun to order one from a cute waitress as well. "i'd like a kiss, please". :)

it's 3 scoops of french vanilla, topped with marshmallow and chocolate sauces, whipped cream, and mini hershey's kisses.

ok, so, how much ice cream has anyone eaten in one sitting?

i once was challenged to a "jim dandy" eating contest at friendly's when i was a kid. a jim dandy is a type of bananas split: 5 scoops of ice cream, strawberry, pineapple, marshmallow & chocolate topping, a split-fresh banana, sprinkles & walnuts.

i won eating 5 of them. :blink:
Good Lord Bucky, i'd never eat ice cream again after that:LOL:I bet it was fun tho
kades

One of my extra families (yes, I have extra families due to having many close childhood friends) used to take me out to an icecream joint in Chicago called Zephyrs. I was a big boy (adult football player size at 12). They would order a rootbeer float for me that came in a water pitcher. It was gooooooood and I always finished it.

One of my extra families (yes, I have extra families due to having many close childhood friends) used to take me out to an icecream joint in Chicago called Zephyrs. I was a big boy (adult football player size at 12). They would order a rootbeer float for me that came in a water pitcher. It was gooooooood and I always finished it.

I remember The Zephyr! and also the Dove store on the South Side. (Did y'all know Dove Bars come from Chicago?)

But my best memories are of ice cream socials and the big churn my uncles' used to make ice cream on the farm in the summertime. As a kid, my favorite flavor was always strawberry, and my favorite sundae was Strawberry.

Nowadays, French Vanilla is probably my over-all favorite, followed closely by Buttered Pecan. In season, I love to make Fresh Strawberry, Fresh Peach and Lavender Caramel. In the fall/winter, it's Maple Walnut and Prune Armagnac.

I prefer Hot Butterscotch to Hot Fudge, too.... ;)

Though I never liked ise cream I used to love to go ice cream parlor with my grandfather, he would eat my ise cream and I would drink his soda.

Actually I recently found ise cream I like, well it's not real ise vream, it is dairy free sorbet of a sort. Pomagranet chip from Whole Foods, oh my I can eat the whole thing. Weird.

Though I never liked ise cream I used to love to go ice cream parlor with my grandfather, he would eat my ise cream and I would drink his soda.

Actually I recently found ise cream I like, well it's not real ise vream, it is dairy free sorbet of a sort. Pomagranet chip from Whole Foods, oh my I can eat the whole thing. Weird.
Charlie, That sounds so good. I love pommegranites. I miss my dad bringing them to .Now then I buy them but its not the same
kades

Back
Top Bottom