Waiting for the new kitty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
The neighbor is going to drop off the kitty , that her friend found , the black and white long haired. I still don't know if it is he or she or what he or she looks like :) . We'll keep the cat in the laundry room with food, water and litter box and Monday , off to the vet for checkup. I have no idea if the cat is litterbox trained. :ohmy:
I will see if I can get a picture of the cat when he or she arrives , if not, then perhaps Monday. Cat might be stressed out with all the moving around , poor cat.

Oh, how exciting. It's so great that she is getting a loving home!

If she's not litter trained, if you just keep her in the laundry room with her won litter box for a couple of days she'll start using it. The vet told me that when you have multiple cats, they become territorial when it comes to their litter boxes so you need to have a litter box for each cat and one extra. But, I have 4 inside cats with only 3 litter boxes in three different areas and it seems to be working out fine.

I can't wait to see what he/she looks like!

Oh, how exciting. It's so great that she is getting a loving home!

If she's not litter trained, if you just keep her in the laundry room with her won litter box for a couple of days she'll start using it. The vet told me that when you have multiple cats, they become territorial when it comes to their litter boxes so you need to have a litter box for each cat and one extra. But, I have 4 inside cats with only 3 litter boxes in three different areas and it seems to be working out fine.

I can't wait to see what he/she looks like!

same here, litter box upstairs , litter box in one room downstairs and 2 litterboxes in the laundry room. I did have more but hubby objected to it and removed them. new cat will have own box with fresh litter. I have 5 indoor cats , I do know the routine of acclimating them to newcomers. ;)

Luckily we have three cats that will share two boxes.

Fact, they will share one box. As they are doing right now.

I was cleaning the one and they all gathered for their turn.

The boxes are cleaned daily, but golly they want to be first in the fresh box.

I see they're done so I can finish my chore. :LOL:

I'm the opposite - I have 2 indoor cats and 4 large litter boxes. That may be overkill but I don't have to clean them as often that way. My mom has 8 indoor cats and she only had 4 boxes for a while but it wasn't really enough. She recently added another box and things are much better. No more "accidents" in the house.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom