Walked and saw...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hope you had a good day and got your place back in order.

I'm kind of lucky in that there aren't enough cabinets to store extra stuff, plus with monthly inspections (required by HUD), I don't need to do any extra heavy duty cleaning.:LOL:

Talking about wildlife...I just saw a Pack-Rat...in the mirror!

I saw 33 wild turkeys in my back yard. They were beautiful. When I feel better I will post some pictues of them in my album. They were there Thrusday and back Friday. Saturday there were three Sand Hill Cranes.

Josie

didn't see these guys just heard them during the night Cayotes. Darn things give me chills
kadesma:)

yesterday my dog and i went for a walk where we met a 10 week old sheep dog puppy. they sniffed and played and the pup barked at my 2 year old Staffordshire terrier. They were very cute and amusing to watch.

Bolas, that was kind of funny.
kadisma, we have those coyotes here, but I haven't seen any.
Yesterday, saw snow shovelers and no tracks.
Today, no dogs/pups, no deer, the sunset was the high point.
And BRRRRR, should have worn a hat.

I spooked a couple of pregnant does in the parking lot tonight. They got back across the road fine.

I saw some squirrels getting it on yesterday on the telephone line outside our house. That made me smile, because it means spring is coming! lol

Ha ha ha fuzzy skunk butts....

I got a blister and it was cold, I missed a couple days, back to walking today, it's sunny and I need the walk.

Have not gone outside for a walk since last fall. Will go when the snow and ice is gone, afraid of falling. As far as wildlife we hear the coyotes most nights and see the odd one going across the fields. Lately have been watching a couple of porcupines, they are very interesting to watch. This week the temp. has gone up and snow is melting so it souldn't be long before we see the spring birds.
Grandma Rose

I walked back from my parking my car yesterday and saw a crow and a seagull fighting over possession of a discarded chip bag by the garbage bin. I was betting on the seagull!

Now that I will be walking more, I realized there is no where to walk to really--towns are too far away!! I'm only walking about a mile lately, the most I ever walked was for a fund raiser, that was 12 miles.

The birds sure are peeping lately. I wonder when the hummingbirds will be coming through this spring?

This might belong in the Venting thread, but when I take my dog for a walk I see litter, trash, and some things I just can't figure out how they got there -- a shirt? I have one of those 'grabber' things and occasionally make a trip without doggie and pick up stuff. It's appalling how people just toss things out their car windows, and kind of spoils the walk.

Now that I will be walking more, I realized there is no where to walk to really--towns are too far away!! I'm only walking about a mile lately, the most I ever walked was for a fund raiser, that was 12 miles.

The birds sure are peeping lately. I wonder when the hummingbirds will be coming through this spring?

Are you retired or do you drive to town every day?

I use the local high school track at night, it's lit and out of traffic. My neighborhood has no streetlights. I also found out the outside perimeter of the hospital grounds and my facility is 1/2 mile. I walk that 3 times a day when I'm at work.

I've really stopped walking for distance, but plan for time...30 minutes out and 30 minutes back...I bet you find yourself walking farther in that amount of time.

This might belong in the Venting thread, but when I take my dog for a walk I see litter, trash, and some things I just can't figure out how they got there -- a shirt? I have one of those 'grabber' things and occasionally make a trip without doggie and pick up stuff. It's appalling how people just toss things out their car windows, and kind of spoils the walk.

But the next walk will be cleaner.:) I could do this...sounds like a good thing.

Are you retired or do you drive to town every day?

I use the local high school track at night, it's lit and out of traffic. My neighborhood has no streetlights. I also found out the outside perimeter of the hospital grounds and my facility is 1/2 mile. I walk that 3 times a day when I'm at work.

I've really stopped walking for distance, but plan for time...30 minutes out and 30 minutes back...I bet you find yourself walking farther in that amount of time.

Hey Fiona, my car was recently wrecked, have no car, so I'll be walking more. Unintended consequence in life. I'm not retired, looking for a job in my field.
I go to town every month or so when necessary, milk, eggs, fruit, veggies, meats--stock up. I don't care much for shopping, it is a chore to save money.
I agree, walking for time is better than for distance. They (the one's that know) say that walking more than once a day is better because it keeps your metabolism up for more of the day.
Oh and thank you to those of you picking up trash on the sides of the roads to keep our country cleaner, it's a good deed.

I can't walk 3 blocks from my house without seeing lots of Burrowing Owls hanging around their nests. I haven't seen any babies learning to fly yet this year, but it's still early

Back
Top Bottom