Walmart picture disk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Half Baked

Executive Chef
Back when I went to WalMart, I had about 7 disks made of pictures. When I tried to view them, I had to click on the Walmart Viewmaster or whatever it is called. From then on, I had that logo on my desktop and at the top of every single screen that I visited. I never ever found a way to get that off my computer, much less the screen.

OK, new computer here. I'd like to view the pics and decide which ones to put on photobucket but I'm afraid of having that Walmart noose around my neck again.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Get the pictures that you want, and then try going into your control panel and remove the walmart program after you have saved your pictures in your computer. Make sure you take out your cd first though.

I tried that but couldn't find it any where....not even in Search. I brought people over that were chuckling about me not being able to find it and they couldn't either. It is the strangest thing.

OK, I can view the pics w/o downloading their program but now I can't get them onto Photobucket. When I click 'browse', it goes to My Computer and D will only bring up Walmart.exe.

Where's BJ when you need him? :wub:

You should have a "My Pictures" folder. Move the photos into this folder from the disk and when you get to My Computer from browse, you can open that and get down to the My Pictures folder and the pics you want.

Half Baked said:
OK, I can view the pics w/o downloading their program but now I can't get them onto Photobucket. When I click 'browse', it goes to My Computer and D will only bring up Walmart.exe.

Where's BJ when you need him? :wub:
The pics may be embedded in the .exe file. Try viewing them, right clicking on the ones you want and copy them, then paste them in My Pictures or another directory of your choice.

Thank you all very much. I finally figured it out at about midnight. Since I am computer challenged, this is a real coup for me! :ROFLMAO: I feel I can take on the world this morning.

Back
Top Bottom