We bought a new kitchen table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
My inlaws decided to buy us a new kitchen table for Christmas. We had been using an old table for while. The table was fine, but didn't fit completely well in the space we have. The chairs were cane chairs, but all the cane decided to break at the same time so we have zero working chairs right now. Yes we could have re-caned then, but buying a new set is more fun :)

We looked at a number of places and saw some things that we liked. We didn't want to get anything too fancy because with a little girl in the house I am sure the table will get a lot of hard use. We wanted something that could hold up to the things she will put it though (not to mention what the rest of us will do to it lol).

We ended up at the store where we bought our couches. They have great stuff, very high quality, but are usually a little more expensive than other places. We lucked out and found an extremely inexpensive set that was the perfect size and color. We ordered it yesterday and it will be delivered today. Talk about fast!

This is the set. It is nothing fancy, but it will work great for us. You can't see it, but on one of the ends of the table is a silverware drawer. More storage, YAY! You also can't see it, but on the far side is a bench so 6 people can fit around this table. I can't wait to get home and see it!

I love it! It is beautiful! Thanks for sharing - I am sure it is going to look great - make sure you take a picture after it is delivered - would love to see it in the kitchen. And you are right, your daughter has plans for that table!:LOL:

Nice lookin' set, GB. We've bought several items from Jordan's as well. They have some good stuff.

Thanks Michelemarie. Yes I will most certainly take a picture :)

We bought the extended warranty (dirt cheap too) which will cover most damage little Rachel (or big daddy) can manage to do to it.

I foresee crayons and markers and paste in its future :)

And it is such a fun store to shop at too Andy. We do not feel pressured and they really do make it a fun experience.

For those that are not familiar with Jordans, they set up their stores more as an experience than as a place to just shop. The one we got our table at has a Mardi Gras theme. As you walk in there is someone handing out beads. The huge lobby has all sorts of anamatronic characters doing all sorts of "Mardi Gras type things". Louis Armstrong pops out of the walls playing his horn, things like that. They also have an IMAX theater there.

The new Jordans had a trapeze set up and you can watch the performers do all sorts of things or you can get up there if you are brave enough and try it yourself.

I have never been to Vegas, but these stores make me think that some of the hotels on the strip are similar (but on a much larger scale of course)

nice table gb, simple but elegant. one thing i can't figure out is why the description in the website kept calling me honey? :rolleyes:

They are just trying to butter you up to buy from them BT :)

The one deal I had to make sith my wife is that if we bought this table which is sort of a countyish style then when we go to redo the rest of the kitchen at some point we wont let the table style dictate the style of the kitchen (I want a modern look when the time comes). Thankfully she agreed!

Beautiful set GB, have many happy family hours seated around it.

kadesma:)

The color matches the wood in out kitchen perfectly kimbaby. The wall the table will be up against as well as the cabinets and fool are all that color :)

GB said:
My inlaws decided to buy us a new kitchen table for Christmas./quote]

Lucky you, Geebee. Do I smell a dinner invitation in the near future? Guess the in-laws will come first? LOL

Thanks for sharing. Always like to see decorating/home pics. :)

The inlaws are actually there right now stripping wallpaper out of one of the bedrooms. I feel so bad that they are working on my house and I am not there to help them. They love doing it though so I just let them know how appreciative I am of them and count my lucky stars that I have such a great family!

I like it GB. Just think about all the happy memories you and the family will make sitting around eating and talking. FUN!

WOW! I bought the SAME table for a single mom I was dating. (thats when I was making 80K a year.... plus she was HOT!!! red hair and long legs. :w00t2: :brows: ) ANYHOW..... the table was made out of pine wood. It was BEAUTIFUL but the pine is soft wood and easily marked. So she went and got a thick plastic (clear) topper for the table. I dont buy women flowers. I buy them furniture. :-p :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

This one is made out of "Solid Asian hardwood" whatever that means so hopefully we will not have the same problem your lady frined had. We paid $80 for the extended warranty though which would cover any kind of marks or anything like that for 5 years so we should be set.

Wow you treat your ladies well DS :)

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
WOW! I bought the SAME table for a single mom I was dating. (thats when I was making 80K a year.... plus she was HOT!!! red hair and long legs. :w00t2: :brows: ) ANYHOW..... the table was made out of pine wood. It was BEAUTIFUL but the pine is soft wood and easily marked. So she went and got a thick plastic (clear) topper for the table. I dont buy women flowers. I buy them furniture. :-p :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

DS - You're a good man and in case anyone didn't know - DS likes red hair!!!! (good to see you DS)

Back
Top Bottom