We Got Married

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loprraine

Executive Chef
We had planned on getting married next July, but decided for a variety of reasons (immigration for me being one) to get married now. So when I was down there, we decided to do it. On July 3rd, at 11:45am, in the gazebo at the Inn, we were married. We had to work breakfast, so I left the Inn at 10:15 to get ready, he followed shortly after. Most of the family did not know, it was just us, the owners of the Inn as witnesses, and the Sheriff. Then, we drove over the mountain towards Harrisonburgh, had BBQ and fried catfish at Hank's Smokehouse, ( I'm turning Southern!) then went to the Greene Valley Bookfair where we bought more cookbooks than we need. He surprised me, and rented a cabin at Lydia Mountain for the night. The next morning, it was back to work. I have about 165 days left before I move down. But who's counting.:)

Sounds like the ideal wedding to me, lop - although my idea of a honeymoon is a tad more involved. ;)

Congratulations! Wishing you a lifetime of love, luck and laughter!

Lee

Congradulations!!!
What took you so long to share with us? You've had your 2 week anniversary already!!!

Another thing, where is "here, the "Inn"? What are you doing there. Who's the lucky guy? (so many new members don't know what's going on) Share, share, share.

....... I forgot to ask..... how many days did Mr. Loprraine get off? Or did he have dinner service the next day? :rolleyes:

You KNOW how happy I am for you two! :D

Yeah, I agree that eloping is pretty much the way to go. Saves lots of money, and you can still throw a big party (or several big parties) to celebrate whenever and wherever you choose.

....... I forgot to ask..... how many days did Mr. Loprraine get off? Or did he have dinner service the next day? :rolleyes:

You KNOW how happy I am for you two! :D

Yeah, I agree that eloping is pretty much the way to go. Saves lots of money, and you can still throw a big party (or several big parties) to celebrate whenever and wherever you choose.

And I forgot to ask....What did your,both, family say?

where is "here, the "Inn"? What are you doing there.

"Here" is Toronto, Canada. "The Inn" is in Stanardsville, Virginia. It took me awhile to post, as the day I got back to work, we started re-locating premises. Not an easy thing when you are re-locating gangs of people, including a call centre. But, we survived, and I'm back!

Very "efficient"
Pacanis, it was! We did exactly what we wanted to do!

how many days did Mr. Loprraine get off
Only the rest of that day. He did breakfast before the wedding, got them set up for lunch and supper, and was back in the next morning. Don't you know, they broke their all time high for lunch / brunch the next day!

What did your,both, family say
QS, the families were disappointed they weren't there. Some of his could have come, but for mine it was impossible. That's why we chose to tell them afterwards. There will still be a reception next July for family and friends, and they are all looking forward to it. They understood why we did it, and are happy for us. :)

What a perfect way to begin a marriage.....BBQ, Fried Catfish, and a Mountain Cabin...It just don't get any better than that!!!! Hoorah!! Hoorah!!!! :flowers:

May your love for each other grow and deepen and stay as exciting in 50 years as it is now. Enjoy and cherish each other..Love and peace to you both.

kadesma

a huge congrats and all the best to you, loppraine and your man.

god bless all the days of your life together.

Last edited:
I heard once that you congratulate the groom and offer your best wishes to the bride. Do you think that is because the bride has more need of good luck? :LOL: Seriously, congratulations and best wishes to both of you!

:)Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom