We had a big shake-up at work last week...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
I've been working as a Hot Line Cook at a Country Club for several months now. I've been doing most of the prep for the line, as well as helping the Saute Cook to write the weekly Specials.

Well, last week, the Saute Cook screwed up for the last time. I came in on Thursday, and was told that the Saute Cook was being let go. Now I'M the Saute Cook!

In this kitchen, that also means I'm the defacto Lead Cook. I'm now responsible for prepping the line, production, cleaning, organizing, and stocking the line. Also, the Chef will be coming to ME for the weekly specials.

Yee Haa! Movin' up in the world!

By the sound of your voice I do not know if I should be saying congratulations or I'm sorry. In any case good luck in your new position.

Congrats Allen! Being thrust into the limelight can seem overwhelming - but just step back, take a deep breath, and get back in there doing what you know to do! Don't worry until the boss complains or you look up and seen Gordon Ramsey walk in with a film crew ... :rolleyes:

Oh, and don't forget your:

pic_esbbm.jpg

I've got faith in 'ya!

Congrats Allen! Being thrust into the limelight can seem overwhelming - but just step back, take a deep breath, and get back in there doing what you know to do! Don't worry until the boss complains or you look up and seen Gordon Ramsey walk in with a film crew ... :rolleyes:

Oh, and don't forget your:

pic_esbbm.jpg

I've got faith in 'ya!
OMG Michael, I can just imagine what it would be a chef and have Gordon Ramsey make a surprise visit! Even to my home! My kitchen is super clean but I can just imagine the faces he'd make when eating one of my dinners!:ohmy:

For he's a jolly good fellow
For he's a jolly good fell.....ooooow

How much of a raise will they pay you?
How much of a raise will they pay you?

lol. j/k

Congrats Allen.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom