We layed my cat down last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Michelemarie - is there a chance DS would understand if you left Theo's blanket in it's place of honor for a while??? I'd certainly put the collar and bow on the tree - then after Christmas I'd put the collar, bow, and blanket somewhere special - all together.

BC - you are so fortunate that your babies have chosen their time and died peacefully.

One of my berthers here is a terminal cancer patient (now in a hospice in So.Cal). When he came here he had a young cat named Buddy - Buddy's joy in life was to see his person when he came home. As time went on Buddy's person spent more and more time in the hospital getting treatment and trying to keep his job going. A number of people who live on their boats here watched after Buddy, and one lady took special care of him. While his owner was hospitalized one time we found out Buddy was diabetic - and had to make decision to do nothing (oh God, that was so very hard). His person was so seldom here, and didn't have the money, and it was so far advanced that the prognosis was not good.

Inadvertently one of our campers ran over his hind legs one Saturday. We spent a day searching for him, found him, and DH had to take him to our vet on a Sunday. He was almost in tears when he called me to say that Buddy was waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for his person. I'm afraid it won't be long now - Buddy will be so happy to see him! :)

MichelleMarie; I don't have to say anything because I know you. And you had to do the right thing, and you know what's going on with that cat, who many years ago was a little fur-ball that captured your heart. You know he's in a place much better than this mortal life that we all go through.

You are a kind and wise woman, and gave your cat a wonderful life.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thank you Goodweed - you are so kind. Harborwitch, DS is only two so he doesn't understand. Today he is going to hang the bow and collar on the tree. DD, who is 14, is a little more sad than I first thought. She has know him her whole life. She used to dress him in doll clothes and stroll him in her stroller. She used to call him "Gong" - now where she got that from Theodore I don't know. He was such a good cat - he let her do anything.

Thank you all for such kind words and support. I really appreciate it.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know our pets are truly family members. I will keep you and the kids in my prayers

Michelle I am very sorry about your cat, I missed the post where he was sick...
I know how it hurts to loose a pet... hugs to you...

Oh no Michele, I found this thread just now... I am so sorry!!!! (((hugs))):cry: I have had/loved a cat(after nearly 3 years together, I had to trust him to a good friend upon relocation... not exactly the same but it broke my heart all the same), and I also had to say goodbye to my beloved hamster several months ago, believe me I can so feel your pain and grief.

Just know that Theo is no longer suffering, and now in a eternal, better place, healthy and young again, watching over you. You and Theo have both been fortunate to share your lives together, he enjoyed a good happy life with a loving family for long, long years. He will be a part of you in the special corner of your heart always....

(((hugs))) some more!!

Back
Top Bottom