Weekend plans? Any one doing anything fun and exciting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
:)

Tonight is a tv night.
Saturday we have to go to REI and stock up on some new backpacking items. We're going out for three days next week and I NEED a new sleeping mat and Paul wants a new cooking pan. He does all the cooking while we camp!!

Saturday afternoon
we're going to a seafood pot luck birthday party. I'm making, clam chowder, salmon dip and maybe rhubarb dream bars for us to take. We've been warned that it's a "DRINKING" party and we should be prepared to spend the night... so

Sunday.. prbly will be spent on the couch recovering from Saturday. If we're feeling good we are going to take a long walk somewhere.

What about YOU?:)

I will be working up until Sunday afternoon, which will be my first "time off" in 23days. Have plans to go do some deep sea fishing with a few buddies, should be a good time.

you are always on seafood parties, aren't you?

Tonight there is TV in Germany, too...
tomorrow? Don't know yet, wanted to drive to Göttingen to meet friends, but we didn't really managed to get the termin together..
so we may visit the market in Linden, another part of hannover, I need some special dried herbs and there is a good seller...

On sunday we take part in the soap box derby at the Lindener Berg... FRank will drive the soapbox and I hope he will win :)

This weekend will be spent finishing painting the kitchen (color is apricot!), yard work, and inevitably some grillin' and chillin'!

Anyone that wanted to bring by the catch of the day to throw on the grill would be warmly welcomed!:mrgreen:

Last edited:
We are supposed to be in the middle of a heat wave by the weekend. We were supposed to be spending the weekend doing things around the house that need to get done, but with the temps expected to be in the mid 90's and our A/C not installed yet I think we will probably just spend most of the weekend in the pool.

Weather is supposed to be nice here. It's been cloudy and rainy for over a week so it will be a good change. Tonight is unknown. Probably the usual and bake a cake.

Tomorrow, dh is working but the kids and I will go to the farmer's market and I'm sure Aidan will want to go look at the bike he wants for his bday since it's right next to the market. We'll visit dh at the station at some point. We're going to a bbq on lummi island in the late afternoon. We'll be taking a ferry there and Aidan will love it.

Sunday, dh has a relay race for the fire dept. Then I have an audition to go to and the rest of the day might be spent by the lake. We have a friend coming into town tomorrow night so we'll be spending time with him.

We're getting the same heat wave as you GB. It's in the 90's now and very humid. I'll probably go to a lake for a swim tomorrow. Other than that, I plan on staying indoors! My poor husband has to help someone move tomorrow, which should be miserable due to the heat wave.

Saturday I'm working. Then my vacation starts on Sunday.
Sunday I'm going to the cemetary with my sister to see my dad.
I haven't been there since the day of his funeral back in May.

That sounds like a good idea Middie. Bring some nice flowers with you for him, or can you plant in the cemetary? Sometimes your allowed to actually plant shrubs and flowers. Should be a touching moment for you and your sister.

((Middie))

No flowers. I'm taking him a beer and lighting a cigarette for him. And if I know know my dad he'll say "It's about time !". I'll probably get in trouble for it since it's a national cemetary but oh well. Oh and the card I purchased for father's day but never got to put on his grave yet.

Today, a good college friend and her 4 year old son arrived to spend part of the weekend. Tomorrow, we are going to a crafts faire and than we will have lunch at the restaurant where my mom works. On Sunday, I will probably watch the NASCAR Nextel Cup Race, do laundry, and other stuff around the house. I want to make cookies to take to work on Monday, but it is too hot to use the oven.

The heat wave has hit us, and right now I'm trying to cool down my dining room enough to eat there (if not, it'll be trays in the living room where the window a/c unit is). Whoever shows up will be here at 4, and we're grilling wings and I have a rice salad ready to go. Yesterday we did "the usual" -- I read to my shut-in friends, then we all met for drinks and dinner after. It turned into quite a party. Tomorrow is recovery!

I play in a band, so I gigged Friday night, took the wife to Famous Dave's for ribs on Saturday afternoon, then went to Binny's Beverage Depot and picked up a bottle of Bowmore Cask Strength, then gigged Saturday night, and gigging again Sunday afternon. Then when I get home, I'm going to sample my new bottle of Bowmore!

Camping all weekend for us.. Seems dumb now considering it was a record hitting 104 degrees on the Lake. I did a little fishing during the day, but spent most of my time relaxing, swimming, and cooking.. :)

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom