Weird Eating Quirks You Won't (or at Least Rarely) Admit to

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
This is going to be very strange! I really haven't told many people about this weird eating quirk I have. It has to do with most things that have some kind of skin. I almost always eat the skin first and then the inside. How I do it can be strange. Some things are simple, like peaches. I just use my teeth to pull the skin off. Sometimes I will peel and eat the skin from part of it, then eat some of the peach, then I go to the next section. Others are different. Almonds, for instance. I suck on them until the skin loosens, then I peel the skin off.

I also sometimes eat yogurt or pudding in kind of a weird way. I will just touch the back of the spoon to the top of it, then lick it off the back of the spoon. I don't always eat them this way, but I tend to if I have lots of time and no one is around.

So, what are your weird eating quirks? Come on! Admit it! We won't tell anyone! ;)

:)Barbara

I am sure I have some eating quirks, but I just ain't sure what they are....I will ask Mrs Hoot about it.
One of the strangest eating quirks I was ever witness to, was several years ago.
We stopped at a dairy queen for a quick bite. As we were eating and talking, a lady state trooper sits down at a table near us. She sat there and ate every single one of the fries one at the time, dipping each one into the ketchup. After all the fries were gone, then she started on her burger. The whole time she was eating the fries, she had her hand on her service revolver. It was mighty peculiar to watch, but I reckon she just didn't want anyone messin' with her fries.

When I'm having a bowl of noodles I eat them very quietly when in the company of others.
But when I'm alone at home or alone at an Asian noodle shop I slurp as loudly as I can to really enjoy the meal.

I also sometimes eat yogurt or pudding in kind of a weird way. I will just touch the back of the spoon to the top of it, then lick it off the back of the spoon. I don't always eat them this way, but I tend to if I have lots of time and no one is around.

I do that too.

Lets see.

When eating Lasagna, at home anyhow, I eat any cheese or sauce off the top, scrape the noodle clean with my fork, lift it off the ricotta, lay it down on the plate, slice it into pieces and eat those, then I eat the layer of ricotta, then repeat.

When eating Pancakes, I butter them and then cut a grid in them add the syrup and then eat down the center square by square, when all the center squares are done I eat the outside rings.

That is all that leaps to mind. I am sure there are others.

-Josh :pig:hart

She sat there and ate every single one of the fries one at the time, dipping each one into the ketchup.

That reminded me, this is not all the time, but if I have the time to sit there and I am using ketchup out of the packet, I will take each fry and run a line of ketchup down it, like a like of caulk, before eating it and moving on to the next. Did this in front of my FIL a couple of years ago and it still comes up on occasion.

-Josh :pig:hart

...When eating Pancakes, I butter them and then cut a grid in them add the syrup and then eat down the center square by square, when all the center squares are done I eat the outside rings...
When I eat waffles, I butter them, and then I fill each square with syrup. Then I eat the edges first, until I have straight edges. Then, using my fork, I cut them along the squares, eating two or three squares at a time, working my way around the waffle so that it is always a square or rectangle.

I don't want my food to touch each other.
My parents have threatened since I was 3 to get me a set of separated plates......
......I'm still waiting.........

I use to dip EVERYTHING in ranch! it started with french fries (this was over 15 years ago so I still believe I was the one that started that trend ;)) then I started dipping popcorn in, chicken of course but for that I would dip in first in honey then ranch....weird enough for you?:LOL:

I, on the other hand, like to combine certain foods. I love baked beans on top of my cottage cheese, creamed peas on my mashed potatoes, Rice-a-Roni with creamed corn on it, and mashed potatoes with a bite of sauerkraut. I like to put mashed potatoes on my fork and then dip them into my peas or my corn.

James eats all of one food before moving on to the next food. I read somewhere that that is a sign of someone who finishes what he starts, and that is definitely true of him. I tend to start a million things and then am lucky to finish any of them!

i have to eat in certain #'s. it's either 2, 5 ,7.... bites till i push my plate away. even if i was very hungry, 23 is my cutoff point.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a funny eating quirk - When I was a kid, all I would eat is the skin off the chicken. I didn't eat fish until I was 16, and only then because it was lobster. I didn't enjoy steak until my twenties. I think I remember peeling grapes as a kid because I heard Mae West's famous quote...

When having a meat, potatoes and vegetable meal, I always have to have either potatoes with meat on my fork or potatoes with vegetable on my fork. I won't eat potatoes alone. I won't eat baked beans alone, I either have to have potato salad or cole slaw with it on the fork.
I also love potato chips and cottage cheese.

When at home, I eat just about every meal out of a bowl ( no plate) and I use a spoon %99 of the time , rarely a fork ( except spaghetti), and never ever a knife. When i go out to eat, I try my best with the plate, but still use the spoon.

I used to like to eat my sandwiches square.
Nibble a little tiny bit off each edge in sequence, keeping
it as square as possible. Particularly bologna and mustard ones!

I used to like to eat my sandwiches square.
Nibble a little tiny bit off each edge in sequence, keeping
it as square as possible. Particularly bologna and mustard ones!
Kind of like me with my waffles. Do you like symmetry in things? I know that I do.

Back
Top Bottom