Weird Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
OK, this has been an odd, but good couple of months for me. Strange things (but good things!) keep happening.

Last month I was visiting my sister and stopped at Safeway to buy some garlic bread for dinner. My niece was with me and she went thru the line first to make her purchases. We were chatting and just sort of doing our own thing. The cashier rang up my garlic bread and as she was handing me my receipt she very casually said, "Oh, it looks like you won an iPod shuffle. You can pick it up over there." Um...pardon me? Seriously! I won an iPod, just like that. (It was a Grand Reopening or something) My niece was a little choked at me but happy for me too. We were laughing about it and decided to keep it a bit of a secret so I could give it to Bugs for her birthday. (May4th) So, I've had it hidden away in my closet all this time. And then yesterday I had another weird moment.

Yesterday was our annual Chili cookoff for our Family day celebration. And every year I enter, but really more with the intent of feeding the hoards of people that come out than to win any prizes. I had a rather tough go while making my chili. First, I put it together Saturday night and put it out on the deck to cool. Murray knocked the lid off the pot and I just caught him before he stuck his face in there and chowed down. (I then moved the pot) Then, Sunday morning, I was heating it up before putting it in the crockpot, got distracted and burnt a bit to the bottom. SIGH! Well, I dumped in all the stuff that didn't stick to the pot and just hoped for the best. (Did I mention this was my classic "pantry" chili? Open the pantry and put in whatever looks like it will work in there?) So, the evening is ending, all the folks are fed and they are calling out the winners. Well glory be...I won first place! LMAO! And the first prize was...you guessed it an iPod shuffle!

So, Ken and I decided today that each girl could have her iPod now and we will just deal with the birthday stuff later. I'm still chuckling about winning the prize when I figured I'd just be happy if no one gagged while they ate my chili.

Woo Hoo Alix!!! Congratulations! That's too cool! I never win anything but there are a couple of people in my family that have stuff like that happen to them, too.

That is what I call in the biz, Burnt to perfection!

I dunno about weired moments, sounds like you are on a roll, stick with it, go play the loto!

OK, this has been an odd, but good couple of months for me. Strange things (but good things!) keep happening.

Last month I was visiting my sister and stopped at Safeway to buy some garlic bread for dinner. My niece was with me and she went thru the line first to make her purchases. We were chatting and just sort of doing our own thing. The cashier rang up my garlic bread and as she was handing me my receipt she very casually said, "Oh, it looks like you won an iPod shuffle. You can pick it up over there." Um...pardon me? Seriously! I won an iPod, just like that. (It was a Grand Reopening or something) My niece was a little choked at me but happy for me too. We were laughing about it and decided to keep it a bit of a secret so I could give it to Bugs for her birthday. (May4th) So, I've had it hidden away in my closet all this time. And then yesterday I had another weird moment.

Yesterday was our annual Chili cookoff for our Family day celebration. And every year I enter, but really more with the intent of feeding the hoards of people that come out than to win any prizes. I had a rather tough go while making my chili. First, I put it together Saturday night and put it out on the deck to cool. Murray knocked the lid off the pot and I just caught him before he stuck his face in there and chowed down. (I then moved the pot) Then, Sunday morning, I was heating it up before putting it in the crockpot, got distracted and burnt a bit to the bottom. SIGH! Well, I dumped in all the stuff that didn't stick to the pot and just hoped for the best. (Did I mention this was my classic "pantry" chili? Open the pantry and put in whatever looks like it will work in there?) So, the evening is ending, all the folks are fed and they are calling out the winners. Well glory be...I won first place! LMAO! And the first prize was...you guessed it an iPod shuffle!

So, Ken and I decided today that each girl could have her iPod now and we will just deal with the birthday stuff later. I'm still chuckling about winning the prize when I figured I'd just be happy if no one gagged while they ate my chili.

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, go pick up a lottery ticket! Use the same methodology, just pick one at random, with random numbers, and see what happens, LOL.

I think I have to have something else completely unexpected and random happen. I don't think I'd win the lotto. But who knows? At least I could have fun dreaming about what I'd do with all that money.

I think I have to have something else completely unexpected and random happen. I don't think I'd win the lotto. But who knows? At least I could have fun dreaming about what I'd do with all that money.
I really think you should try it. And then you'd have all that money to come up with ways to thank the folks here who talked you into buying tickets in the first place!;)

:) Its just good karma coming your way for something small but meaningful you did ,don't expect more (which I know you don't) it doe's not work like that. When its supposed to come it comes. Keep doing good things its about what comes from your heart no payback expected and I know you are not even thinking payback but just being a good and kind person whether its a person or creature , its not about what the reward is in the end but just being kind and sharing. The reward will come when its is supposed to. No more no less.

Just by telling this story Alix, it makes me realize yet again, that nothing happens simply by accident. You are deserving of these, no question,good for you and enjoy the music;)

LOL It must run in the "family" sis! You won two ipod shuffles and we won 2 sets of tickets to a hockey game and 2 chances to win a house! Lottery tickets don't work too well for me, but I still try now and then!

:)Barbara

Thanks all! Those are some lovely words and I'm just a bit choked up by them. Barbara, YAY! Thats some cool stuff! I'm off to work now, one iPod is charged and the other one is charging up. Now I just have to figure out how to download music into them. Doesn't look too tough.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom